Poll: State Semi-Finals - Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
66.67%
Corbin
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 18(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals**
Redonthehound Wrote:You can play this game in the parking lot of the Walmart here and Corbin still wins. The cockiness and arrogance from the pirate faithful will FINALLY be put to rest. Gonna be a lot of shocked fans around the state when they see the final score of this one. How about everyone quit complaining about the seating or parking and just come and watch a good old fashioned butt kicking?

(COCKY) and they back it up.
The biggest line I've ever seen, played, watch, etc. was my freshman year. 3 went on to play in college, and they still lost to Larue. Size doesn't matter. It helps. But I'm not worried about your size because our speed counteracts that. Laugh, comment all you want. I've watched the videos, they're not that fast off the ball. Well coached and disciplined but not that great off the ball
Gonna be a lot of heartbroken fans heading back to eastern Kentucky late Friday night. Gonna be a shock to a lot of people. I'll take our line any day of the week over Belfry's. All I've heard is how much stronger and bigger Belfry is than us. Size means nothing. There's no more cakewalks to Bowling Green, Corbin will be the big boys from the east from this point forward. Through watching all these game films I've yet to see one area where Belfry has a distinct advantage.
We are arrogant tho.....
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Pretty funny considering the comments by Corbin in their local paper

If Haywood had players talking about smacking other teams in the mouth at the LOS to the media he would throw a fit.

If their is a coaching staff that doesn't preach being physical on the LOS then they shouldn't be coaching...
goBIGblue82 Wrote:If their is a coaching staff that doesn't preach being physical on the LOS then they shouldn't be coaching...

How close are you to Haywood for number of games won in KY? He must be doing something right!
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:How close are you to Haywood for number of games won in KY? He must be doing something right!

However many Haywood has won I'm that many behind. But insinuating he doesn't coach being physical at the LOS in ludicrous.
I wasn't saying anything about Belfry. Just making a general statement all coaches know being physical in the LOS wins ball games.
AnotherPirateTD Wrote:(COCKY) and they back it up.

I'd like to play it in Walmart parking lot we could whip that a$$ there to lol
Corbin has no chance.
Redonthehound Wrote:Gonna be a lot of heartbroken fans heading back to eastern Kentucky late Friday night. Gonna be a shock to a lot of people. I'll take our line any day of the week over Belfry's. All I've heard is how much stronger and bigger Belfry is than us. Size means nothing. There's no more cakewalks to Bowling Green, Corbin will be the big boys from the east from this point forward. Through watching all these game films I've yet to see one area where Belfry has a distinct advantage.

That's because you don't know how to break down film besides if you would have bothered to go to one of our games you would know who the better team is I watched the little red puppies play and no they wasn't very impressive at all there's going to be some crying but it isn't going to be Pirate faithful
goBIGblue82 Wrote:However many Haywood has won I'm that many behind. But insinuating he doesn't coach being physical at the LOS in ludicrous.

He preaches being physical all the time...you missed the point EKU was making that Haywood doesn't allow his kids to spout off to the media that they are gonna smack you in the mouth.. If there is ever a team that lives off being physical it is Belfry.
Redonthehound Wrote:Gonna be a lot of heartbroken fans heading back to eastern Kentucky late Friday night. Gonna be a shock to a lot of people. I'll take our line any day of the week over Belfry's. All I've heard is how much stronger and bigger Belfry is than us. Size means nothing. There's no more cakewalks to Bowling Green, Corbin will be the big boys from the east from this point forward. Through watching all these game films I've yet to see one area where Belfry has a distinct advantage.

This dude is dreaming or on something. Man go enjoy your day because this probably is going to be the best day of your weekend. You don't have any idea what your saying & you couldn't know football. I hate to waste my time on a dude that is living in another world that has know idea what is going on. Maybe you know nothing about belfry football but I asure you that you are in for a battle and you can watch all the videos you want but I'm here to tell ya that you and your team are in for something that they have never seen before. I wish both teams the best of luck & for a injury free game. Go Pirates!!!!

Belfry 42
Hounds 14
bucslover68 Wrote:He preaches being physical all the time...you missed the point EKU was making that Haywood doesn't allow his kids to spout off to the media that they are gonna smack you in the mouth.. If there is ever a team that lives off being physical it is Belfry.

And maybe you should read the article before spouting off. You're obviously taking it out of context or hearsay.
bucslover68 Wrote:He preaches being physical all the time...you missed the point EKU was making that Haywood doesn't allow his kids to spout off to the media that they are gonna smack you in the mouth.. If there is ever a team that lives off being physical it is Belfry.

Eku is one of the most knowledgeable posters on this site. But, I don't know if he actually read the article or going off of hearsay. Either way it's a poor misrepresentation of what was said.
Get ready to see a newest biggest line you have ever saw. You mentioned the biggest line you ever saw had 3 players go on to play college ball. We have 4 players with D1 offers and 3 or maybe even more with smaller college offers. After talking with several of the D1 coaches it does appear that size does matter, both in weight and height. I do feel that our big line will be able to contain on the outside run and plug any holes up the middle. I've been watching Belfry for seven years and at this time, IMO we have the best pass defense that we have had during this period. We are not perfect in any way and will make mistakes. I do think that the winning team tomorrow night will be the one making the least mistakes and less penalties. On any given night any team can prevail under the right conditions. I don't think that will be the case tomorrow night. Belfry 32, Corbin 14
Get ready to see a newest biggest line you have ever saw. You mentioned the biggest line you ever saw had 3 players go on to play college ball. We have 4 players with D1 offers and 3 or maybe even more with smaller college offers. After talking with several of the D1 coaches it does appear that size does matter, both in weight and height. I do feel that our big line will be able to contain on the outside run and plug any holes up the middle. I've been watching Belfry for seven years and at this time, IMO we have the best pass defense that we have had during this period. We are not perfect in any way and will make mistakes. I do think that the winning team tomorrow night will be the one making the least mistakes and less penalties. On any given night any team can prevail under the right conditions. I don't think that will be the case tomorrow night. Belfry 32, Corbin 14.
From what I have read on here I believe very few of the post are accurate or representative of the teams your trying to boast about or defend. Been around both programs and I believe their kids are taught physicality, discipline, sportsmanship and respect. This is why majority of coaches I know teach their kids to keep their eyes on the prize and not what you hear from parents and biased fans. These are two great football programs with a lot of history and tradition. It's unfortunate when people diminish the game by getting into the gutter and seeing who has the best trash talking fans. I believe both teams have a great amount of mutual respect for each other which is how it should be. If only the fans could do the same. Everyone is entitled to there opinions but that's my 2 cents. As far as the game goes should be a great one to watch I know I'm excited to struggle parking in a packed house to see a great semi finals!
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Eku is one of the most knowledgeable posters on this site. But, I don't know if he actually read the article or going off of hearsay. Either way it's a poor misrepresentation of what was said.

Wouldn't have eluded to it specifically if I didn't read

Second to last paragraph, last sentence

I personally don't think it is a huge deal. Just a kid being excited, but to specifically talk about the arrogance of Belfry with a quote in print like that just is quite funny.

If a Haywood coached player even came close to giving bulletin board material he would blow a gasket. LOL
Nothing can compare to the excitement of the game, but man am I excited to finally visit Brian's Sports Card Corner in Corbin!!!
Belfry fairly comfartably i think. Sorry 64.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Nothing can compare to the excitement of the game, but man am I excited to finally visit Brian's Sports Card Corner in Corbin!!!

My cousin appreciate that comment. Go Corbin :Cheerlead
Redonthehounds is a Belfry fan!!
Email address is from Matewan, Wva
Bobcat4years Wrote:Redonthehounds is a Belfry fan!!
Email address is from Matewan, Wva

Haha. I couldn't find matewan wv on a map if a crisp $100 was on the line. Keep trying dumbass!!! Redhound through and through here and if you don't believe me send a PM and I'll show you a good place to meet me Friday night and I'll give you a good introduction. Kind of like what's going to happen to the Pirates.

:lmao:
Redonthehound Wrote:Haha. I couldn't find matewan wv on a map if a crisp $100 was on the line. Keep trying dumbass!!! Redhound through and through here and if you don't believe me send a PM and I'll show you a good place to meet me Friday night and I'll give you a good introduction. Kind of like what's going to happen to the Pirates.

Pirate99 will take you up on that. Lol
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Wouldn't have eluded to it specifically if I didn't read

Second to last paragraph, last sentence

I personally don't think it is a huge deal. Just a kid being excited, but to specifically talk about the arrogance of Belfry with a quote in print like that just is quite funny.

If a Haywood coached player even came close to giving bulletin board material he would blow a gasket. LOL

Was that the entire quote or did you pick the part you wanted. As I said I'm pretty sure you're taking it out of context.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Was that the entire quote or did you pick the part you wanted. As I said I'm pretty sure you're taking it out of context.

I could actually care less, but that was what was quoted in the article. He said specifically that they where going to come out and smash them in the mouth.
Here ya go. Here is the entire second to last paragraph.

“They’re a great team obviously and we respect them,” Sevier said. “But again, I think it comes back to the line of scrimmage. Whoever wins that battle is going to win the ballgame. They got some good players up front but I think we’ve got 11 good players. I think if we get out and smack them in the mouth, and let them know we’re there, they’re going to be in for a battle.
I think this will be a good ball game. Look for it to go down to last possession. I'll take Corbin by 1 they score last go for 2 and make it. Just like Leslie beat Belfry in 1980 in Regional finals. Go Hounds !!!!
  •  Previous
  • 18(current)
  • Next