•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Coach at Bell County?
I don't think they will walk in 3A. I don't think they can beat Central in the region. But that is another thread.

Any more new names out there, that have applied. I'm not hearing a lot of new people that have applied.
Football1 Wrote:Following Dudley has to be a big concern for any man considering this position. 2011 will be fine no matter who gets the nod unless Davenport gets a girlfriend and decides to start a family early. Barring that, Bell could put one of the cheerleaders in charge next year and win the 2011 3A banner as long as Madon's replacement can pitch right...

But 2012, 2013 and on starts to be years where the replacement will really be evaluated. Reminds me of Tubby winning with Petino's players. As I recall, that did not turn out too well for Tubby shortly thereafter. Then again, Tubby had to play at Rupp - not Log Mountain.

From my understanding this yrs soph. class may be the most talent of any on the hill in awhile.............we shall see
WhyLie Wrote:Hagarxxxxxxxxxout
Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Rains
Cobbxxxxxxxxxout
Frazier
Larkey Sr.
Roarkxxxxxxxxxout
Hensleyxxxxxxxout
Matney
Holcombxxxxxxxout
Greerxxxxxxxxxxout
Crawfordxxxxxxout
Chappellxxxxxxxout
Russellxxxxxxxxxout
Chaneyxxxxxxxxout

One more Gone. Holcomb has way to much coming back next year....Bell and Breathitt has never really been on the best of terms. Don't think Holcomb wants to follow Dudley and he don't have to. Breathitt also has that type of program.

You might as well remove Larkey from the list. It's not happening.
[B Wrote:WhyLie[/B]]I don't think they will walk in 3A. I don't think they can beat Central in the region. But that is another thread.

Any more new names out there, that have applied. I'm not hearing a lot of new people that have applied.

Seems to me that when any factual information is brought forth you know if its true or rumor only. So, lets pose that same question to u WhyLie: Is there any new names applying for the position?
There are those of you, that have as much info as I do. But things are quite here lately.
Mama Bear Wrote:You might as well remove Larkey from the list. It's not happening.

Mama Bear I think it would be safe to say that Larkey isnt interested in Bell nor Bell in him. He is doing a fine job at Harlan and seems to be content there. One thing that would make the position at Bell very appealing to him would be that its awfully close to the Tunnel.
Mama Bear Wrote:You might as well remove Larkey from the list. It's not happening.

I don't think so either, however it is a big name that is out there. I think that he stays in Harlan,, but must hear more before he is removed. Just as gut feeling he stays.
From those in the know, who is the second choice after Mills?
Trenches07 Wrote:Mama Bear I think it would be safe to say that Larkey isnt interested in Bell nor Bell in him. He is doing a fine job at Harlan and seems to be content there. One thing that would make the position at Bell very appealing to him would be that its awfully close to the Tunnel.

I'm not even going to ask......
I will ask. Why would 35 minutes closer to the tunnel bring Larkey to Bell?
Mama Bear Wrote:I'm not even going to ask......

Closer to lakes........of course:biggrin:
When does everyone think Bell will announce their decision.
I believe in finding the right man for the job, however, the kids are going to need a lot of time to get use to a new coach and it helps out a lot to get the new coach in there during the beginning of weight lifting so that a coach can get his routines in and get comfortable.

Any ideas or news?
I would expect the announcement sometime in the next 2 weeks. In the meantime, watch for a lot of ground work to be laid.
BigBlueBell Wrote:I would expect the announcement sometime in the next 2 weeks. In the meantime, watch for a lot of ground work to be laid.

Won't happen until the first of Feb.
BigBlueBell Wrote:I would expect the announcement sometime in the next 2 weeks. In the meantime, watch for a lot of ground work to be laid.

They are taking apps. till Jan.15. Then some interviews. Feb. before any news.

Who is the second choice? That is where some good stories come from. Each one has a 2 choice. It will be an interesting process.
has there been any confirmation on who has applied for the job? who do we know that has shown interest?
"Originally Posted by Football1
Following Dudley has to be a big concern for any man considering this position. 2011 will be fine no matter who gets the nod unless Davenport gets a girlfriend and decides to start a family early. Barring that, Bell could put one of the cheerleaders in charge next year and win the 2011 3A banner as long as Madon's replacement can pitch right...

But 2012, 2013 and on starts to be years where the replacement will really be evaluated. Reminds me of Tubby winning with Petino's players. As I recall, that did not turn out too well for Tubby shortly thereafter. Then again, Tubby had to play at Rupp - not Log Mountain."

Who ever is chosen to replace Dudley surely knows that he is following a winner and a class act. Thus, good luck to whomever is selected.

Ground work???? What are you saying here........new field, pressbox and/or practice facilities? Are these tactics to try and change someones mind about leaving.......Especially when a decision isnt gonna be made about a coach anytime soon.....and is it to late for one to change his mind..........just asking.
They have the application process opened until Jan 15, but it's just a matter of semantics. You know that as well as I do.

As far as groundwork goes; it's politics as usual. If you're close to Bell Co and our school system, you know that politics is 99% of the decision process.

The posters saying that February is the time for the announcement is probably true. But it has already been made.
guarantee it!!
BigBlueBell Wrote:They have the application process opened until Jan 15, but it's just a matter of semantics. You know that as well as I do.

As far as groundwork goes; it's politics as usual. If you're close to Bell Co and our school system, you know that politics is 99% of the decision process.

The posters saying that February is the time for the announcement is probably true. But it has already been made.
guarantee it!!

Building materials on the old tennis courts............is that of persuasion/politics?
I don't think Bell is interested in Larkey. Larkey is doing a good job in harlan. This will be his last head job. His next job will be an assisstant for a family member.
Let's say that Bell selects a coach who is currently at another school, how do they bring the new coach in? Is Hilton already gone? Create a new job for half the year? Just curious.
BigBlueBell Wrote:They have the application process opened until Jan 15, but it's just a matter of semantics. You know that as well as I do.

guarantee it!!

First it was 2 weeks and we would know. Now Feb is correct....I really don't think you should believe what you heard. That relationship has been strained. And if you are really in the know...you will know what relationship I am speaking of.
BobcatWatcher Wrote:Let's say that Bell selects a coach who is currently at another school, how do they bring the new coach in? Is Hilton already gone? Create a new job for half the year? Just curious.

Dudley is already in Pikeville.
Heard 2 more names for you, Whylie.

Marty Jaggers .....Not coaching now.
Gary Rankin.......Alcoa Tn. wants to retire and double dip in KY.

Both just rumor for now.
Xerxes Wrote:Heard 2 more names for you, Whylie.

Marty Jaggers .....Not coaching now.
Gary Rankin.......Alcoa Tn. wants to retire and double dip in KY.

Both just rumor for now.

Both old rumors that have came and went. Those don't need to be on list. Still trying conquer Leonidas and Greeks must be keeping you away from the news. :biggrin:
William Muney Wrote:He is Tuck's little brother and runs the same stuff Tuck did which failed at Union and Pineville. Maybe able to talk it but implementing it is a different thing. The Bell fans and players will not be impressed with his pass happy resume.

As a KC person I hope they hire him and we get some of the Bell Coaches and players but I don't see it happening.

He does NOT run the same stuff that his brother ran in college. It is a completely different system. It blows be away how people will report COMPLETE mistruths. I have film on his teams... Woolum works for a head coach in Florida who runs a simplified split-back veer offense with a simple passing scheme... Woolum learned the system from him and has made it his own and had better offensive numbers than most in the area.
You are correct WhyLie...I should have never been so specific. The old man simple said a couple of weeks, and that was what was in my head when I posted.

And yes, I do know the relationship that you are speaking about....I think. Those folks told him at the beginning of the season that this would be his last, I believe......
CoachA Wrote:He does NOT run the same stuff that his brother ran in college. It is a completely different system. It blows be away how people will report COMPLETE mistruths. I have film on his teams... Woolum works for a head coach in Florida who runs a simplified split-back veer offense with a simple passing scheme... Woolum learned the system from him and has made it his own and had better offensive numbers than most in the area.

Wow...easy big guy. How did you get film on his offense? Interesting to say the least.
Scott Russell. He coached for Hilton and Mills. He's young and a solid coach. Mr. Football!!!
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next