•  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Coach at Bell County?
Wayne Mills has brought some thing to this school and this town and thats a football team that everyone is proud to be a fan of and me for one would be deeply surprised if he goes to bell but i could see it.I just dont see how he could leave a team that he built from being a homecoming game or senior night for other schools to being a power house that very few teams wanna play
Football1 Wrote:Expectations that are unrealstic bring tons of pressure. I know most disagree with what Radio alluded to in his post suggesting some issues there but let's face it - it had to be hard for coach Hilton to deal with these huge expectations every year. Now put yourself in the shoes of the new guy... Radio seems to be tuned in.

One way or the other, the fact is whomever takes this job will have to win and win often to avoid the intense weight that would come with losing, especially to Knox in 2011... :-)

You keep me wondering with the statement you say quite often. This mumbo jumbo about Knox beating Bell in 2011. I'll go ahead and tell you what I believe, Bell will beat Knox AGAIN next year just like the previous years. Bell will be the better team next year. And I think it's jumping the gun and doing some serious well wishing saying they'll not have the talent to beat Knox for sure in future years. Bell will always have the talent to beat Knox or any other team around here. Now, I will give you this. You keep saying every year that Bell will lose to Knox eventually you may be right. There is such a thing as the law of averages. Bell will be very good next year. If you don't think so, that's fine. You will see after Bell and Knox meet up again next year. If I'm wrong about that then so be it. But, I'll tell you this, I've been right about it for many years now. I like my chances. But don't take my post personal. I just want to keep it real here. Hope you're having a wonderful Christmas this year. I would also hope that all others on here do the same.
I also want to throw this in here before I go. Through very reliable sources, Wayne Mills will be the HC on Log Mountain next year. Again, if wrong, I'll come on here and say that I was wrong. I'm 99.9% sure I won't have to do that.
Last but not least. You said in an earlier post that it is flattering that Bell would come after Knox's own coach. In part I can see what you're saying but Wayne was here for many, many years and Knox came in searc of him for their hc'ing job. I look forward to having him back if all of this stays true to form. Good luck to both teams in the years to come. Happy Holidays everyone!
easyM Wrote:You keep me wondering with the statement you say quite often. This mumbo jumbo about Knox beating Bell in 2011. I'll go ahead and tell you what I believe, Bell will beat Knox AGAIN next year just like the previous years. Bell will be the better team next year. And I think it's jumping the gun and doing some serious well wishing saying they'll not have the talent to beat Knox for sure in future years. Bell will always have the talent to beat Knox or any other team around here. Now, I will give you this. You keep saying every year that Bell will lose to Knox eventually you may be right. There is such a thing as the law of averages. Bell will be very good next year. If you don't think so, that's fine. You will see after Bell and Knox meet up again next year. If I'm wrong about that then so be it. But, I'll tell you this, I've been right about it for many years now. I like my chances. But don't take my post personal. I just want to keep it real here. Hope you're having a wonderful Christmas this year. I would also hope that all others on here do the same.

It is like Ky and TN. We (Kentucky) will have to beat them at some point. I agree Bell will be better than Knox next year. After that they may win on a more regular basis.
easyM Wrote:You keep me wondering with the statement you say quite often. This mumbo jumbo about Knox beating Bell in 2011. I'll go ahead and tell you what I believe, Bell will beat Knox AGAIN next year just like the previous years. Bell will be the better team next year. And I think it's jumping the gun and doing some serious well wishing saying they'll not have the talent to beat Knox for sure in future years. Bell will always have the talent to beat Knox or any other team around here. Now, I will give you this. You keep saying every year that Bell will lose to Knox eventually you may be right. There is such a thing as the law of averages. Bell will be very good next year. If you don't think so, that's fine. You will see after Bell and Knox meet up again next year. If I'm wrong about that then so be it. But, I'll tell you this, I've been right about it for many years now. I like my chances. But don't take my post personal. I just want to keep it real here. Hope you're having a wonderful Christmas this year. I would also hope that all others on here do the same.
Think about this. Which program is headed up? what a turn Bell County going after a Knox Coach. We are climbing the mountain with a bright future. The right now might be at Bell but what about the future? Declining enrollment so so facilities, and the superior talent declining in thee future. If I was a coach and was looking down the road at all I would have to stay put.
easyM Wrote:I also want to throw this in here before I go. Through very reliable sources, Wayne Mills will be the HC on Log Mountain next year. Again, if wrong, I'll come on here and say that I was wrong. I'm 99.9% sure I won't have to do that.
Last but not least. You said in an earlier post that it is flattering that Bell would come after Knox's own coach. In part I can see what you're saying but Wayne was here for many, many years and Knox came in searc of him for their hc'ing job. I look forward to having him back if all of this stays true to form. Good luck to both teams in the years to come. Happy Holidays everyone!
I certainly have "no reliable sources" so if Wayne has told somebody he has decided to got to Bell and you got wind of that - you are way ahead of me. I stand by what I said though. It would be a terrible choice for him if indeed he does go.

And yes, I strongly believe Bell will fall to knox in 2011 and likely several years after that. The senior class that just left Bell was the last class that ever dominated Knox on any level. And to boot, the coach is gone too. Whether Coach Mills is on our sideline or not Bell will not have the guy who taught our head coach how to coach on their sideline. He has prepared these boys for the last 5 years that will be seniors next year to beat Bell. I hope he is there to see the fruits of his labor.

I will not hide the face that it concerns me when Bell fans on this site say they KNOW our coach is leaving. I hope you are wrong but if you are right it will leave a bad taste in alot of peoples mouth not so much THAT he left but how it all unfolded. I say it again. I don't think he will leave.
4ThePlayerz Wrote:Gosh its just high school football...............remember
I'm sorry, I don't get your point. I don't have this confused with another sport. But I do have a very clear idea of the amount of time and sacrfice young men put into this game. Is it a big deal to them that their head coach is being recruited by the program that each one of them works to beat every time they line up? Yes, It is.

So, if you have a point - please help me understand it.
Lets just say IF and WHEN Mills comes to Bell Co, I have also heard Jeffrey Canady will be following him as well. Just a heads up.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Lets just say IF and WHEN Mills comes to Bell Co, I have also heard Jeffrey Canady will be following him as well. Just a heads up.
I spend too much of what could be quality time whatching ESPN looking at this thread. But I have say that if Mills and Canady come to Bell I will come over there and play TB too. I figure Davenport needs the competition. Can't wait for all this to end.
Football1 Wrote:I'm sorry, I don't get your point. I don't have this confused with another sport. But I do have a very clear idea of the amount of time and sacrfice young men put into this game. Is it a big deal to them that their head coach is being recruited by the program that each one of them works to beat every time they line up? Yes, It is.

So, if you have a point - please help me understand it.

My exact point is this "you are an awful whinny person"........do you see us as bell fans literally in tears just because our coach left....no you dont.......and as far as your statement about sacrifice........obvisously your program hasnt sacrificed enough yet to beat bell co.....

KEEP TRYING THOUGH!!! One day you when get there.......And as far as the recruitment goes............I hope we have recruited hard for him..........because if my sources are correct......the dotted line will contain this signature.......wayne mills.....bahahahahahahahahah:lmao:
4ThePlayerz Wrote:My exact point is this "you are an awful whinny person"........do you see us as bell fans literally in tears just because our coach left....no you dont.......and as far as your statement about sacrifice........obvisously your program hasnt sacrificed enough yet to beat bell co.....

KEEP TRYING THOUGH!!! One day you when get there.......And as far as the recruitment goes............I hope we have recruited hard for him..........because if my sources are correct......the dotted line will contain this signature.......wayne mills.....bahahahahahahahahah:lmao:
Wow, there for a minute I mistook you for an adult. I don't trade posts with jerks.
Football1 Wrote:Wow, there for a minute I mistook you for an adult. I don't trade posts with jerks.

If stating the truth makes me a jerk.......so be it:igiveup:
If it is a forgone concluision that Coach Mills is leaving, then why delay? Wayne is a good friend of mine and I hope for the best for him and his family. I truly feel it would be best in the long run for him to stay HOME. I feel that the upside at Knox is better in the long run. Whatever his decision I hope he benifits greatly. Coming from an old friend and teamate I look forward to seeing him coaching at a program HE built. I know many people care about him and His program, and we will do what we have to do to try and keep him, so Bell you may get him but know we will do whatever it takes to keep him. Maybe would could put up a border patrol to keep him home lol
Radio Wrote:If it is a forgone concluision that Coach Mills is leaving, then why delay? Wayne is a good friend of mine and I hope for the best for him and his family. I truly feel it would be best in the long run for him to stay HOME. I feel that the upside at Knox is better in the long run. Whatever his decision I hope he benifits greatly. Coming from an old friend and teamate I look forward to seeing him coaching at a program HE built. I know many people care about him and His program, and we will do what we have to do to try and keep him, so Bell you may get him but know we will do whatever it takes to keep him. Maybe would could put up a border patrol to keep him home lol
Well said...
Radio Wrote:If it is a forgone concluision that Coach Mills is leaving, then why delay? Wayne is a good friend of mine and I hope for the best for him and his family. I truly feel it would be best in the long run for him to stay HOME. I feel that the upside at Knox is better in the long run. Whatever his decision I hope he benifits greatly. Coming from an old friend and teamate I look forward to seeing him coaching at a program HE built. I know many people care about him and His program, and we will do what we have to do to try and keep him, so Bell you may get him but know we will do whatever it takes to keep him. Maybe would could put up a border patrol to keep him home lol

All I can say is Boyle Co. and I don't even have to mention Ft. Thomas Highlands. Knox Co. will never beat either of them. Unless they just decide to not have football programs anymore.
Maybe I should proof read my post would could doesnt make alot of sense
ladycats09 Wrote:All I can say is Boyle Co. and I don't even have to mention Ft. Thomas Highlands. Knox Co. will never beat either of them. Unless they just decide to not have football programs anymore.

So you are saying he should take a sure thing by dropping in competition level? What do you say to your kids in July? we dont have to practice as hard because we dropped in class. I can just picture General patton dropping out of WWII because the competion level is too hard, maybe he would have attacked Canada. True Champions dont take the easy road thats what makes them different from the rest. That would be the last reason for taking a job in my opinion. I would rather my old buddy stand and say I stood and fought but never won one as hear him say I got one handed to me. Just like Patton said " when you have your granchild on your knee and he asked about the great war you will not have to say well I shoveld CRAP in Louisianna" If he stays and does not win a title at least he can say I competed with the best.
ladycats09 Wrote:All I can say is Boyle Co. and I don't even have to mention Ft. Thomas Highlands. Knox Co. will never beat either of them. Unless they just decide to not have football programs anymore.

You made it clear stay at knox and fight like a warrior does or go to what might be the weakest district in the state. If you love competion and every coach should you want to compete against the best. I am not a great baseball player but at 38 I bet I could dominate in Tee-Ball.
[quote=Football1]I certainly have "no reliable sources" so if Wayne has told somebody he has decided to got to Bell and you got wind of that - you are way ahead of me. I stand by what I said though. It would be a terrible choice for him if indeed he does go.

And yes, I strongly believe Bell will fall to knox in 2011 and likely several years after that. The senior class that just left Bell was the last class that ever dominated Knox on any level. And to boot, the coach is gone too.

Football1 you do realize beating Bell Co. now will not even help you win your own district, thus its just another game. Point is this, you have a very nice program there at Knox, without beating Bell its a program that has earned its own identity. So, relax man and enjoy the holidays.
Trenches07 Wrote:[quote=Football1]I certainly have "no reliable sources" so if Wayne has told somebody he has decided to got to Bell and you got wind of that - you are way ahead of me. I stand by what I said though. It would be a terrible choice for him if indeed he does go.

And yes, I strongly believe Bell will fall to knox in 2011 and likely several years after that. The senior class that just left Bell was the last class that ever dominated Knox on any level. And to boot, the coach is gone too.

Football1 you do realize beating Bell Co. now will not even help you win your own district, thus its just another game. Point is this, you have a very nice program there at Knox, without beating Bell its a program that has earned its own identity. So, relax man and enjoy the holidays.

Ur not an adult.....but only a jerk...........lol
Radio Wrote:You made it clear stay at knox and fight like a warrior does or go to what might be the weakest district in the state. If you love competion and every coach should you want to compete against the best. I am not a great baseball player but at 38 I bet I could dominate in Tee-Ball.

I bet you couldn't hit it until mid season.

The point is, if you are walking in to a wall, you can continue or change course. 4A is far tougher because Highlands moving back. The path of least resistance is the best path to the hardware. You can spout heroic "give me liberty or give me death" all you want to. If Mills wants a ring, he will answer the Bell.
4ThePlayerz Wrote:[quote=Trenches07]

Ur not an adult.....but only a jerk...........lol

Me a JERK? :dontthink
Trenches07 Wrote:[quote=4ThePlayerz]

Me a JERK? :dontthink

He's right, but that is beside the point.:lmao:
It will all come out soon. I know for a fact no choice has yet been made.
Just to clear up some of the talk. If Mills takes the Bell Job, the knox vs. bell game will end for some time.
Stiff-Arm Wrote:Just to clear up some of the talk. If Mills takes the Bell Job, the knox vs. bell game will end for some time.

That is about the only absolute truth that is in this thread.
ladycats09 Wrote:I bet you couldn't hit it until mid season.

The point is, if you are walking in to a wall, you can continue or change course. 4A is far tougher because Highlands moving back. The path of least resistance is the best path to the hardware. You can spout heroic "give me liberty or give me death" all you want to. If Mills wants a ring, he will answer the Bell.
The fact is Football is full of give me liberty or give me death speeches. If I got a ring I wouldnt want it to have an * beside it. You can buy a ring anywhere but it takes a champion to win one. I can just picture the athletic banquet well we got us a tiltle but we took the path of least resistance. They wouldnt play the boys of fall, Kenny Chesney would write a song the boys who fall in class.
ladycats09 Wrote:I bet you couldn't hit it until mid season.

Just the fact that all the Bell folks really believe Coach Mill's only shot at winning a ring is to come coach their program should be enough to motivate for him to stay here and finish what he started.

You are telling the man he is not good enough to win a title with the team he has built from the ground up. But if he will just come perch in a branch of the Log - rings will fall like the leaves up there.

His DNA makes up this team. He will stay here to win or lose with what he has built. And I and every other Knox fan believe he is a fine enough coach to win right here.
Radio Wrote:The fact is Football is full of give me liberty or give me death speeches. If I got a ring I wouldnt want it to have an * beside it. You can buy a ring anywhere but it takes a champion to win one. I can just picture the athletic banquet well we got us a tiltle but we took the path of least resistance. They wouldnt play the boys of fall, Kenny Chesney would write a song the boys who fall in class.

It is obvious you are not able to comprehend. I bet noone in 3A is not proud of their rings they got this year. You are a hopeless case that will forever be sore if Coach Mills decides to take the Bell job. I think it would be a wise move, if he wants to quit hitting that wall. You think he should continue to bang his head until he reaches retirement. Let's just call it a difference of opinions. I will say that I bet no one will be any more proud than he is if he comes and wins it next year. A feat that is well within reach if he comes.

God bless you.
Radio Wrote:The fact is Football is full of give me liberty or give me death speeches. If I got a ring I wouldnt want it to have an * beside it. You can buy a ring anywhere but it takes a champion to win one. I can just picture the athletic banquet well we got us a tiltle but we took the path of least resistance. They wouldnt play the boys of fall, Kenny Chesney would write a song the boys who fall in class.

:Thumbs:
  •  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next