•  Previous
  • 21(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Coach at Bell County?
I have to agree completely Trenches. If Hoskins leaves Bell it will be a tremendous blow to that program. You lose who should be the HC. With Hilton, Hoskins and Greer gone from that staff, I don't care who you role in, they can not replace them. Hoskins will be a terrible loss for the Bobcats. I can not believe that they let all these guys leave there. After Hilton left, it is beyond me why they let Hoskins get away. Good luck to Coach Hoskins, I wish him the best in whatever happens. If Bell loses him it will be someone elses gain and will not help Bell in any way. I don't care if you hire Brett Farve.
Franchise Wrote:If by MS you mean Madison Southern, I would be very surprised if he would move that far away from Bell County. He has too much there i.e. new home, family, in-laws, fishing, etc...

A man can only take so much. He deserves more than he is getting.
Trenches07 Wrote:Most of the time you make pretty good statements and in most situations I would even agree with that statement. But considering the quality of the job that Hoskins does any new head coach that came into Bell would be absolutely foolish to not to ring his phone off the hook as soon as he took the job. Quality assisant coaches are very hard to come by!!!!
I don't disagree with you on this. A smart head coach would leverage an existing resource fully. Still many new guys would fall into the trap of thinking they need their own staff...
Football1 Wrote:I don't disagree with you on this. A smart head coach would leverage an existing resource fully. Still many new guys would fall into the trap of thinking they need their own staff...

Could be a major downfall.
Franchise Wrote:If by MS you mean Madison Southern, I would be very surprised if he would move that far away from Bell County. He has too much there i.e. new home, family, in-laws, fishing, etc...

They do make new houses in Madison County, Hear they are several nice lakes in the area also. Lake Cumberland, Laurel-quickly becoming the capital for big smallies, which he likes to fish for I have been told, Plus in-laws encouraging the move I heard yesterday also. So I wish Coach Hoskins the best in whatever he dedcides to do. Does anybody know if any of the current assistants plan on coaching next year?
From the current asst coaches I have spoke too, it depends on who the new man is. Some1 that knows the system and kids I think they will stay around. Some1 that is an outsider............................ will find themselves by their self IMO.
If this is true......does Bell have enough jobs to replace those assistants? Something for adm. to think about. Will they let someone bring some assistants? With my list that is only one guy. Mills Hoskins Frazier all have Bell ties. ON the other hand my list means nothing .......but have not heard of any other names.
Xerxes Wrote:I have to agree completely Trenches. If Hoskins leaves Bell it will be a tremendous blow to that program. You lose who should be the HC. With Hilton, Hoskins and Greer gone from that staff, I don't care who you role in, they can not replace them. Hoskins will be a terrible loss for the Bobcats. I can not believe that they let all these guys leave there. After Hilton left, it is beyond me why they let Hoskins get away. Good luck to Coach Hoskins, I wish him the best in whatever happens. If Bell loses him it will be someone elses gain and will not help Bell in any way. I don't care if you hire Brett Farve.

If Bell brings in someone from the outside with no ties to the pogram and can't keep any current assistants to coach...BIG MISTAKE!!! Bell's program will drop off bigtime and someone like Middlesboro will benefit. Mboro will schedule Bell and start kickin their tail again like they did in the past!!!
trooperman Wrote:If Bell brings in someone from the outside with no ties to the pogram and can't keep any current assistants to coach...BIG MISTAKE!!! Bell's program will drop off bigtime and someone like Middlesboro will benefit. Mboro will schedule Bell and start kickin their tail again like they did in the past!!!

Middlesboro's relatively new staff is just trying to build back a competitive program...

THIS HIRE has nothing to do with Middlesboro or their program...
We wish Middlesboro the best.
I continually hear how Frazier isn't interested in Bell but I hope Bell is interested in him. Still believe he would be a good fit behind Mills. Rumor mill has suggested an outsider or maybe I should say an insider considered to be an outsider.
Who is the outsider?
Radio Wrote:Who is the outsider?

WhyLie Wrote:If this is true......does Bell have enough jobs to replace those assistants? Something for adm. to think about. Will they let someone bring some assistants? With my list that is only one guy. Mills Hoskins Frazier all have Bell ties. ON the other hand my list means nothing .......but have not heard of any other names.

I promise that the 3 that have Bell experience will be interested. The only other name that is left is Woolum........and if you consider Pineville and Flordia an insider in the Bell circle then he is to you.

I said it before they may not have applied but they are interested!!!!!!!!!!
Who will be the next caoch?
I believe it will be one of the four. I don't know which one.
If Hoskins wants to Head Coach a football team - and it seems he does; how in the world would Bell let him head to Madison Southern. Something over there must be sideways for them not to want a guy like Hoskins who is a proven Bell football man. Even worse, if he doesn't want that job... what does that mean?

I just figured he would be in the mix no matter what happened to the HC job at Bell. Now that he is clearly looking elsewhere, it really casts a different shadown on this puzzle.
I just don't see BC giving the job to someone with no head coaching experience. It's too big of a job for "on the job training". I think it's Mill's IF he wants it. After that it's anyone's guess. Like someone else said, I think several more are interested, but have called to express interest instead of a written application. Confusedhh:
Don't know any of the Woolums, but that would be going outside of the Bell "family". It would open up the door for to many others from down in the city. Don't think it would work out with the Bell fans and especially the Alumni. Although, the board is located in Pineville. Click, Click. If they let Hoskins get away, I think you'll see some kids go elsewhere.
If Woolum get the coaching job, Hoskins should sitck around, they would make good fishing buddies.:Thumbs:
Gorilla Mask Wrote:If Woolum get the coaching job, Hoskins should sitck around, they would make good fishing buddies.:Thumbs:

If any assistant get hire for this job it should be Fred Hoskins. He has been loyal to the program. He is a great coach , he is from here...if they hire an assistant he should be the man. He should be hired over Woolum. If Woolum gets it...Hoskins will be gone. I don't blame him.
Xerxes Wrote:If any assistant get hire for this job it should be Fred Hoskins. He has been loyal to the program. He is a great coach , he is from here...if they hire an assistant he should be the man. He should be hired over Woolum. If Woolum gets it...Hoskins will be gone. I don't blame him.

Talked to Coach Hoskins the other day and he said he would not coach for another asst. coach if named Head Coach. He did not name anyone specific but I guess we can all read between the lines.
Can anyone blame him. He knows the kids,and what it takes to win a state championship. He is a players coach and all the players want to play for him. How can they overlook him for another assistant, that they have never seen coach or the way he does things.
What has happened? We are hearing a lot about Woolum, Hoskins not coaching, has Mills told them he will not be coming? According to a search committee member Mills is still the man. You would think that if they wanted to keep this quite, that they would tell him not to be talking so much about who will be the coach.

What happened to Bob09 you are usually in the know? Have they put a gag order on the situation. If so, I didn't get the memo..........

Mills
Woolum
Hoskins
Frazier

Any other names come to light or do we have the final four here?

Almost forgot.....Disclaimer ....what I posted here is solely the opinion of the poster and in no way be confused with those actually on the hiring committee.
Football1 Wrote:If Hoskins wants to Head Coach a football team - and it seems he does; how in the world would Bell let him head to Madison Southern. Something over there must be sideways for them not to want a guy like Hoskins who is a proven Bell football man. Even worse, if he doesn't want that job... what does that mean?

I just figured he would be in the mix no matter what happened to the HC job at Bell. Now that he is clearly looking elsewhere, it really casts a different shadown on this puzzle.

Usually my thinking is not too bright as I'm hindered by my tendency to keep things too simple... But I think the lightbulb went on for even me on this one. Is it not a concern to Bell folks that either obvious choice (Hoskins) for this job isn't interested in it in favor of powerhouse Madison Southern; or the folks your replacement will work for aren't interested in him? One way or the other it makes this job look less attractive due to potential trouble in football paradise. Or what am I missing?
This may be a dumb question but why do most Bell faithful seem to be backing everyone but Woolum. Game style or outside the game factors. If you answer this please don't attack him or defend him. Is just like to know if it is one or the other.
Football1 Wrote:Usually my thinking is not too bright as I'm hindered by my tendency to keep things too simple... But I think the lightbulb went on for even me on this one. Is it not a concern to Bell folks that either obvious choice (Hoskins) for this job isn't interested in it in favor of powerhouse Madison Southern; or the folks your replacement will work for aren't interested in him? One way or the other it makes this job look less attractive due to potential trouble in football paradise. Or what am I missing?

You arent missing anything Football1. The problem here is like any other situation where there is more opionions than facts! Just to much spectulation on stuff that has no substance to it! Fact is this (again....IMO) that Coach Mills will be the first choice for the COMMITTEE and Hoskins will be right behind him as the second choice. Either way the CATS will be in good hands.
BobcatWatcher Wrote:This may be a dumb question but why do most Bell faithful seem to be backing everyone but Woolum. Game style or outside the game factors. If you answer this please don't attack him or defend him. Is just like to know if it is one or the other.

He does not have proven head coaching experience for one and the other could be that he has never worked in the Bell program. People in this world far and wide are most reluctant to except CHANGE, with Mills and Hoskins theres not a lot of change with dad and moms sons therefor some level of comfort would remain in this huge transition.
BobcatWatcher Wrote:This may be a dumb question but why do most Bell faithful seem to be backing everyone but Woolum. Game style or outside the game factors. If you answer this please don't attack him or defend him. Is just like to know if it is one or the other.

1. He is an asst coach in fla and most feel if any asst coach should get the job it should be one of their own.

2. He is not from the Bell Co. coaching family.

3. He has coached in this area before with his brother and it was not a good thing

4. He is a Pineville person

5. He is not Wayne Mills or Coach Hoskins both of which are very well respected by the Bell fans.

Just 5 reasons I can think of off the top of my head.
This has been a wild month. I heard Coach Mills is leaving I have heard hes staying. Has anyone actually heard him say he wants it or doesnt? I have heard it would be a cake walk to the state. As much as it pains me to say it but Corbin will be loaded the next few years. One thing I know is that Corbin is like a villian in a horror movie. When you think they are down or you are gonna beat em think of Jason, they always come back from the dead. just a thought
Radio Wrote:This has been a wild month. I heard Coach Mills is leaving I have heard hes staying. Has anyone actually heard him say he wants it or doesnt? I have heard it would be a cake walk to the state. As much as it pains me to say it but Corbin will be loaded the next few years. One thing I know is that Corbin is like a villian in a horror movie. When you think they are down or you are gonna beat em think of Jason, they always come back from the dead. just a thought

The way I see it two people really at fault..

1. Mills has told his players and others he is not going, then shows a tremendous interest in the job and has not turned it down.

2. One person in Bell admin. keeps telling everyone Mills is the next coach.

Don't get me wrong that is Mills business...he needs to do what is best for him and his family.

You ask why this board was going back and forth.
  •  Previous
  • 21(current)
  • Next