•  Previous
  • 25(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Coach at Bell County?
WhyLie Wrote:A name not on the list?
Time to add a row of Question marks to your list. Which by the way has served as a fine scorecard up to this point.
I'm not saying Bell won't have talent. But the kids they have had the past few years have been the best around. Dudley is one of the greatest personalities to ever be around high school football and that will be hard to replace.
Football1 Wrote:Time to add a row of Question marks to your list. Which by the way has served as a fine scorecard up to this point.

I don't understand.

They are some guys that are a long shot....but don't see it. Trenches just don't see it...

Guys like;
Donahue
Copley
Calebs
Canady
Jones
ECT...... They are a lot of those. Just don't see anyone that wasn't on the list. Give me a name and I may change my mind.
WhyLie Wrote:I don't understand.

They are some guys that are a long shot....but don't see it. Trenches just don't see it...

Guys like;
Donahue
Copley
Calebs
Canady
Jones
ECT...... They are a lot of those. Just don't see anyone that wasn't on the list. Give me a name and I may change my mind.

Keep guessing.............none of those names and this Coach is more well respected than all of those!:HitWall:
I'm not guessing I just don't see it being anyone not on the list. To much Politics for that. Mills , Woolum , Hoskins. All those guys are first and will not turn it down(all three). No guessing involved. You don't have to. Bell makes sure of that. You may know someone interested but doesn't mean they are going to get it. They let Rains get by.......
I think I'm going to give up on reading this thread everyday for the updates because when all is said and done I would imagine this thread will be retired in the classics. I think I'm going to wait it out, and wait until I see the thread that says ????? new head coach at Bell.
Well all is quiet. What has happened to all the other Bell faithful? I'm very disappointed in one Bell poster. He has never been this quiet on this board.

It is OK to be wrong in our predictions...........
WhyLie Wrote:Well all is quiet. What has happened to all the other Bell faithful? I'm very disappointed in one Bell poster. He has never been this quiet on this board.

It is OK to be wrong in our predictions...........

Me too. I thought he knew everything about Bell County evidently not. I will be glad when this thing is over.
Amped 88 Wrote:Me too. I thought he knew everything about Bell County evidently not. I will be glad when this thing is over.

I think we all are getting a little tired of this. I think they took to long to replace the coach. It is a big hire, but it doesn't take this long. I think they may enjoy a little of the attention.
WhyLie Wrote:I think we all are getting a little tired of this. I think they took to long to replace the coach. It is a big hire, but it doesn't take this long. I think they may enjoy a little of the attention.

I think so too. I am getting to the point who cares.
WhyLie Wrote:I think we all are getting a little tired of this. I think they took to long to replace the coach. It is a big hire, but it doesn't take this long. I think they may enjoy a little of the attention.

Best post of the entire thread!!!!!:Thumbs:
I think that taking this long only hurts them. Should have hire within and kept the winning work going full steam.
Xerxes Wrote:I think that taking this long only hurts them. Should have hire within and kept the winning work going full steam.

That would have been to easy and right!
Football1 Wrote:I'm not much for betting. Gets me in trouble with my preacher. And with that very scarry Avatar you are sporting I assume you are the kind that collects on all bets - so I will ere on the side of caution here.

And yes, for the record - sure, I could be wrong about Coach Mills. But if I am, so are many many others over here in Panther land... time will indeed tell. But I stand firmly by my statements. That job, while great, is not an "Upgrade" for Coach Mills. So why endure the pain of change and the risks of loss needlessly?
Actually, I've never placed a legitimate bet in my life.

No offense intended here but...Coaching Bell County Football on Log Mountain is indeed an "upgrade" from coaching Knox County. Enduring the pain of change and risking loss is what makes us better people. Agree?
Gonna be hard and anyone to follow Dudley and what he has done for the program as well as the kids. I just dont think the Bell County job is all its chalked up to be after a coaching icon leaves. Goodluck to Bell though, Ive been following them closely since 1983-84.
Xerxes Wrote:I think that taking this long only hurts them. Should have hire within and kept the winning work going full steam.

I think its hurts the scheduling process but I'm sure the kids are working and lifting as usual aren't they. Why wouldn't they be?
they've said that the deadline to have applications in is Jan. 15th (Tomarrow). so surely we can hear something in the next couple of weeks
Question for a moderator. How many new registrations have signed up for this thread alone? Has to be a record for new folks. I was one.
64black&gold Wrote:I think its hurts the scheduling process but I'm sure the kids are working and lifting as usual aren't they. Why wouldn't they be?

They are in the weight room.....but not having a new coach in place it still hurts. I bet they haven't went to school in a month......have they been lifting? I don't know....but a new head coach would have them in there. Just to long to go without a HC.....IMO
[quote=WhyLie]They are in the weight room.....but not having a new coach in place it still hurts. I bet they haven't went to school in a month......have they been lifting? I don't know....but a new head coach would have them in there. Just to long to go without a HC.....I

The twist.............a southern.........with many championship rings is considering..............IM if i am wrong Mr trenches 07.....:Clap:
Oh gosh this hire would be awesome..............Many great college recruits and a few NFL stars......as for now...........love it
I'm tired of all of this! When will it happen? Why all the suspense? I thought mills was a lock! I havn't heard any body mention Scott Russell.
^
hes been mentioned i believe.
Im still sticking with mills.
What about assistants from nearby schools?
Im pretty sure theyd never hire someone from corbin. except tommy greer of course.
but, what about a Whitley person, or maybe someone with ties to one of the laurel county school or maybe a nearby tenn school.
After reading most of this thread, I can honestly say I have no clue what Bell will do, and I have no clue on the 'new big name' that is supposed to now be in the hunt. Please help.
after reading all this thread no one else posting has a clue either...lol
4ThePlayerz Wrote:[quote=WhyLie]They are in the weight room.....but not having a new coach in place it still hurts. I bet they haven't went to school in a month......have they been lifting? I don't know....but a new head coach would have them in there. Just to long to go without a HC.....I

The twist.............a southern.........with many championship rings is considering..............IM if i am wrong Mr trenches 07.....:Clap:

Gary Rankin is not coming to Bell Co. write it down now.
[quote=WhyLie]
Hagarxxxxxxxxxout
Mills
Hoskinsxxxxxxxxout
Woolumxxxxxxxxout
Rainsxxxxxxxxxout
Cobbxxxxxxxxxout
Frazierxxxxxxxout
Larkey Sr.xxxxxxout
Roarkxxxxxxxxxout
Hensleyxxxxxxxout
Matneyxxxxxxxxout
Holcombxxxxxxxout
Greerxxxxxxxxxxout
Crawfordxxxxxxout
Chappellxxxxxxxout
Russellxxxxxxxxxout
Chaneyxxxxxxxxout
Jaggersxxxxxxxxout
Whitakerxxxxxxxout

Mills
Hoskins
Woolum

Applications are in and this is the way I see it. Time to go to the number one selection...............

MILLS is the Choice. Will he take it?

Hoskins and Woolum are out. Don't think that they will hire an assistant.

We will post the final 6 from interviews and see if we can pick from there.
We will have to see who says no and who accepts. I do believe that we will be putting up 5 or 6 names again from the list.
Why would Rankin come? Championships he has..many more...money isn't even in the same ballpark. Wishful thinking maybe.
bcpc Wrote:Gonna be hard and anyone to follow Dudley and what he has done for the program as well as the kids. I just dont think the Bell County job is all its chalked up to be after a coaching icon leaves. Goodluck to Bell though, Ive been following them closely since 1983-84.

I agree with this 100%. There will be some drop off regardless and if the right hire isn't made then Bell will be average or below in the future.
  •  Previous
  • 25(current)
  • Next