Chappellxxxxxxxout
Russellxxxxxxxxxout
Chaneyxxxxxxxxout
Jaggersxxxxxxxxout
Whitakerxxxxxxxout

Mills
Hoskins
Woolum

Applications are in and this is the way I see it. Time to go to the number one selection...............

MILLS is the Choice. Will he take it?

Hoskins and Woolum are out. Don't think that they will hire an assistant.

We will post the final 6 from interviews and see if we can pick from there.
We will have to see who says no and who accepts. I do believe that we will be putting up 5 or 6 names again from the list.
Can you confirm Mills submitted an applications?
Football1 Wrote:[quote=WhyLie]
Can you confirm Mills submitted an applications?

Now come on football1, idk if he is going for an interview but if he is one of the coaches to get interviewed, what do you think?

Short time and this rumor mill will be over, thank god.:notworthy
Of course I have not seen it.........but as I said before to hear what they have to say and even to be considered he has to. We will know 100% when he interviews. His name is still being mentioned today at the boarder bowl by a committee member. That tells me he has. Again what do I know...?
WhyLie Wrote:Of course I have not seen it.........but as I said before to hear what they have to say and even to be considered he has to. We will know 100% when he interviews. His name is still being mentioned today at the boarder bowl by a committee member. That tells me he has. Again what do I know...?
I assume he will apply and hear out whatever they have to offer - and nobody can blame him for that.
Mills will be the new coach.
My hat off is to TOMMY GREER.........this man has made DUDLEY HILTONS life a lot easier though the years.........my highest regards are to you sir.......i know u r listening here...........:thanks:
4ThePlayerz Wrote:My hat off is to TOMMY GREER.........this man has made DUDLEY HILTONS life a lot easier though the years.........my highest regards are to you sir.......i know u r listening here...........:thanks:

He sure did. As Head Coach he ran it into the ground and allowed Dudley to have his return and raise Bell from the ashes. As a player I was so glad when he went to Whitley...................both times!!
4ThePlayerz Wrote:My hat off is to TOMMY GREER.........this man has made DUDLEY HILTONS life a lot easier though the years.........my highest regards are to you sir.......i know u r listening here...........:thanks:
Greer is an intense coach with a great knowledge of sports. He has made some enemies but that don't change the fact that he can coach. Is he getting a serious look for this role?
When is the projected hiring date again? I think a lot involved r getting tired of the whole thing.
Football1 Wrote:Greer is an intense coach with a great knowledge of sports. He has made some enemies but that don't change the fact that he can coach. Is he getting a serious look for this role?

I doubt he'll be the next coach at Bell. I would be more than happy if he wanted to come to Laurel County though.
TopCat Wrote:He sure did. As Head Coach he ran it into the ground and allowed Dudley to have his return and raise Bell from the ashes. As a player I was so glad when he went to Whitley...................both times!!

Just think dudley could return in about 4 seasons from now............then that could possibly set another return for another also............:biggrin:
Mills
4ThePlayerz Wrote:Just think dudley could return in about 4 seasons from now............then that could possibly set another return for another also............:biggrin:

We agree on one thing...... it will be open again in about 4 years!!!!
WhyLie Wrote:We agree on one thing...... it will be open again in about 4 years!!!!

The wrong hire could be quicker than that.
Amped 88 Wrote:The wrong hire could be quicker than that.

And who would that be.....?
Another thread suggested Cobb may be in the mix now??????????
William Muney Wrote:[quote=4ThePlayerz]

Gary Rankin is not coming to Bell Co. write it down now.

Not sure anyone said he was.............
WhyLie Wrote:We agree on one thing...... it will be open again in about 4 years!!!!

A very open-ended point you have made several times here during this thread:Thumbs:
4ThePlayerz Wrote:A very open-ended point you have made several times here during this thread:Thumbs:

With any new coach comes following Hilton. Expectations...and talent level..I have said that they will be fine for two years...then the level will go down a lot. Then comes the comparisons to what Hilton would have done with this group.(He has even said he had a real concern of the last few years of what is coming.) Two years of not what Bell is use to and then he won with Hilton talent. 4 years.... I don't care who takes it, and then the wheels come off.
WhyLie Wrote:With any new coach comes following Hilton. Expectations...and talent level..I have said that they will be fine for two years...then the level will go down a lot. Then comes the comparisons to what Hilton would have done with this group.(He has even said he had a real concern of the last few years of what is coming.) Two years of not what Bell is use to and then he won with Hilton talent. 4 years.... I don't care who takes it, and then the wheels come off.

Did the talent level drop the first time he left......NO......i just think tommy wasnt ready to be a head coach at the time........As bad as i hate to admit it dudley is one heck of a coach.........But i do believe that this next hc will do just fine and he has proven himself......
Have you been keeping up with the last couple 8th grade classes? 3 players from middle schools last year.......maybe 4 this year.......total? Did you watch any freshmen games this year? The talent level has been great for the past 4-5 years.......but there have been lean years under Hilton and he made up for it with motivated workouts and players from TN. and lately Pineville. Will the new coach be able to do so????/ Don't think so. They came because of him!
WhyLie Wrote:Have you been keeping up with the last couple 8th grade classes? 3 players from middle schools last year.......maybe 4 this year.......total? Did you watch any freshmen games this year? The talent level has been great for the past 4-5 years.......but there have been lean years under Hilton and he made up for it with motivated workouts and players from TN. and lately Pineville. Will the new coach be able to do so????/ Don't think so. They came because of him!

Yes they came because of him...................but there are lots excited about the new guy............well let me rephrase that..........not so new guy. I cant wait till all are proven wrong here...........especially one saying if so an so takes the job i will slice up a football and eat it..........well tuff chewing there preacherman.......lol:redboxer:
Not for sure who you think is going to get the job......but make no mistake if they hire someone that the assistants don't stay and help things can get ugly in a hurry. Just another twist to the hire. So many things are riding on this hire. Better take a long look at the hire. We have been through all of this.
Admin is going through the motions of the hiring process........In my opinion.....disclaimer notice as u put it a few times.......the job has been taken for awhile now..........regardless of what the article in the middlesboro daily news asserts.............the right hire yes sir i do believe so
I have posted who I thought...Mills....Who do you think?

Went back and looked.........we agree. Here is the problem and question.....Adm. is starting to split on that one. One for Mills and one for Cobb and another for Woolum. So I think that this is where it gets interesting. Maybe Mills turns it down???? Then who???
Seems we have agreed on two things here:rockon:
I edited go up.
I think your added sarcasm adds only continuity to keep the thread moving forward......
Just posting what I'm hearing.

No sarcasm.
I am gonna have to move on from this thread......this thread seems dead......no bell faithful here much any how......maybe a few with multiple accounts to keep it sarcastic........peace out cub scouts
  •  Previous
  • 26(current)
  • Next