Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop Bashing Business, Mr. President
Old School Wrote:Yes, I was referring to American Administrations. My biggest fear is that most of Obama's damage will never be undone.
The only American president in my lifetime that was unable to undo much of the damage done by past administrations was Ronald Reagan. Every other president has been too busy adding their own new programs, laws, and regulations to have time for damage mitigation. Things immediately took a turn for the worse when George H. W. Bush took office. (Remember Bush I's Secretary of Labor, Lynn Martin, and the dust sampling witch hunt?)

I hope that the coal industry in eastern Kentucky and southern West Virginia survives this administration. I can easily imagine a future where domestic steam coal in the eastern US gets displaced in the market by imported coal. The South Americans and South Africans will not regulate and tax their own coal producers out of existence.

I have not seen a break down between domestic and imported coal usage in the US in years but that would be an interesting stat. If domestic coal's market share has not already nose dived, then it will unless American voters wake up and clean house in Washington.
Messages In This Thread
Stop Bashing Business, Mr. President - by Hoot Gibson - 10-16-2010, 09:26 AM