Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enes' Father says Enes "will be a Sophomore at UK"
outdoorsman43 Wrote:This delay isn't because this is a UK case. You are correct about that.

I'll tell you one thing though, this is taking way too long. The talk now is that the NCAA is now implementing rule changes and are going to base Kanter's ruling on that.

How can they do that?! This all happened two or three years ago and his ruling is going to be based on rules haven't even been implemented yet. The NCAA never seizes to amaze me. They're getting worse and worse every year. They try to take all the fun out of college football with the "excessive celebration penalty" nonsense rule. I could write ten books about how ignorant and ludicrous that is. They play favorite with their rulings (Cam Newton, Terrelle Pryor, the list goes on and on). Why was Cam Newton ruled eligible? Because he the best player in college football and he was going to win a Heisman trophy. Why was Terrelle Pryor allowed to play in the bowl game and the suspension not in affect until next season? Because he is a money-making player and this is a BCS Bowl game. And if he didn't play in the game the number of viewers would have been cut in half. Why were the other four Ohio State players allowed to play in the bowl game? Because if Pryor was allowed to play in it then of course they would be too.

I'm not saying I agree with the rules that should have made these players ineligible, but I am saying if the rules are in the freakin rule book then you have to enforce them. If Newton is eligible and certainly if Pryor is allowed to play in the BCS bowl game, then Kanter should be eligible to play college basketball this season. He should be ready to goright now. He shouldn't have even had to wait this long. He shouldn't even have been suspeneded more than three games. The kid just wants to play. He turned down millions for Pete's sake. His dad told the media he would play here next year if he couldn't this season. Come on people! Let the kid play now!!!

Sorry to whine and ramble about this on Christmas but I couldn't help it. Merry Christmas guys!

The Kanter ruling is the first time that the NCAA has had to face this. They have never had the rules challenged in the past for a professional athlete seeking a ruling. This is ruling of an athlete playing a Professional sport and then seeking amateur status after doing so and receiving compensation. This is nothing like the OSU players, or Cam Newton, thus it deserves to be handled differently.

All this talk about him turning down millions means NOTHING. He is a professional athlete with an unfair advantage over any other college athlete. I don't want a kid who pitched against professional athletes in Mexico, being compensated for it, then coming to the rival High School that I coach against being deemed eligible to play.

Cam Newton did nothing that gave him professional status. The OSU players did nothing that allowed them to compete as professionals giving them a competitive advantage over any other college athlete. Derrick Rose did not receive benefits that made him a paid professional. The Kanter case is NOTHING like the others!
Messages In This Thread
Enes' Father says Enes "will be a Sophomore at UK" - by Stardust - 12-25-2010, 05:13 PM