Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enes' Father says Enes "will be a Sophomore at UK"
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Well then. Do you think he should be considered a professional that shouldn't be allowed to pay college basketball? This is an honest and humble question.

Look, you know me, I truly do love the Cats, and I may be the most brutally honest fan of them. But in this case, I see it tough to overlook the fact that he has an unfair advantage over any other college athlete. I used my scenario below about a 16 year-old playing pro ball in Mexico, then going to my rival HS to compete against a team that I am coaching. I would fight against that athlete.

I've heard the argument many times that this is the way they do it overseas. So? That does not make it different. The NCAA does not allow 16 year-old CHL players come to US colleges and play college hockey. Kanter didn't go and play against other 16 year-olds, he played against men! He played against men who have played in the NBA already. No, IMO, he is not eligible to play collegiate sports.

BUT! And this is my contention, the NCAA is taking a long time on this. I have an understanding of legal proceedings, and the longer something goes, the better it is for the defendant. In this case, the longer this goes, the better it is that the NCAA finds a way to allow these situations to be reviewed differently. I felt a week ago that the NCAA is going to likely declare that he has to sit a year, and then be eligible once he pays back his $33K. Does it change my opinion of should he be eligible, No! I'd still fight against the 16 year-old baseball player as well!
Messages In This Thread
Enes' Father says Enes "will be a Sophomore at UK" - by Stardust - 12-25-2010, 08:28 PM