Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LC's Chandler Shepherd named All-American
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think it is very important to give congrats to Chandler!! I think like everyone said he is the elite pitcher in Eastern Kentucky. I think it is also relevant to state that he got this "All American" status without really throwing a pitch since he was a sophomore, and his stats were probably better his freshman year. The fact that he had surgery does play a part in this and does maybe put Pikeville on a level playing field when he is on the mound? Pikeville proved last season they can compete with anyone. They had a "who's going to blink first" game in the All "A" last year against Lexington Christian as well as a great run in the tourny. I think that experience alone puts them on a level playing field? Chandler is by far the best pitcher in the region, that's really not up for debate, but just because he is on the mound doesnt mean Pikeville can't win? If anything with LC sitting at home last season watching the Panthers move on maybe even puts the edge over to Pikeville? Just remember you still have to score atleast one run no matter who's on the mound?
Just wondering Slim if you cought any Shepherd games during the summer run with Midland for the CM world series. I did not. I did see about 300 pitches or so at the Dunbar,Tates Creek tournies and E/W game. Also a few summer games before he left for Cinn. He was on a 60 pitch count by rehab. limit. Iunderstand that the Dunbar coaches clocked at 88 and at E/W 91. My whole point is that the people assigning AA status may have used data besides an East Ky. High School game. I don't know however. Also with a kid that can hit 500 and run 6.67 60's,you never know what the deal is. A U.K. coach recently told me they like their players to run between 6.6 and 6.8. That sounds to me like a kid who could also play at D-1 in the outfield.
Messages In This Thread
LC's Chandler Shepherd named All-American - by mr.charlie hustle - 02-01-2011, 10:16 AM