Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LC's Chandler Shepherd named All-American
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Just wondering Slim if you cought any Shepherd games during the summer run with Midland for the CM world series. I did not. I did see about 300 pitches or so at the Dunbar,Tates Creek tournies and E/W game. Also a few summer games before he left for Cinn. He was on a 60 pitch count by rehab. limit. Iunderstand that the Dunbar coaches clocked at 88 and at E/W 91. My whole point is that the people assigning AA status may have used data besides an East Ky. High School game. I don't know however. Also with a kid that can hit 500 and run 6.67 60's,you never know what the deal is. A U.K. coach recently told me they like their players to run between 6.6 and 6.8. That sounds to me like a kid who could also play at D-1 in the outfield.

Make no mistake I know Chan very well and there is no one more proud of him than I am! I am so very much so thankful for those opportunties he was given away from Eastern Kentucky because it would have set him back if he did have to rely on them seeing an eastern Kentucky game. You really have to stop and think about what might have been if the surgery never took place? You really hope a talent like his is babied enough so that he never has to worry about surgery, but it didn't work out that way. I think UK will allow him to mature more and get well rounded to where scouts are really see what a great player and kid he is?

However, the point I was making was that Shep alone shouldn't have to carry that burden of beating Pikeville? You guys say if he's on the mound then Pikeville can't win and that's not the case at all. Pikeville has shown their will to win and have shown they have what it takes to play with anybody, including LC, no matter who is on the hill? Should be an absolute great atmosphere though, can't wait?
Messages In This Thread
LC's Chandler Shepherd named All-American - by JackRabbitSlim - 02-01-2011, 12:58 PM