Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LC's Chandler Shepherd named All-American
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Just wondering Slim if you cought any Shepherd games during the summer run with Midland for the CM world series. I did not. I did see about 300 pitches or so at the Dunbar,Tates Creek tournies and E/W game. Also a few summer games before he left for Cinn. He was on a 60 pitch count by rehab. limit. Iunderstand that the Dunbar coaches clocked at 88 and at E/W 91. My whole point is that the people assigning AA status may have used data besides an East Ky. High School game. I don't know however. Also with a kid that can hit 500 and run 6.67 60's,you never know what the deal is. A U.K. coach recently told me they like their players to run between 6.6 and 6.8. That sounds to me like a kid who could also play at D-1 in the outfield.

This is in no way a knock to Chandler but hitting 500 in Eastern Kentucky is largely skewed by the lack of competition. Just look at all the guys from various schools who hit 450, 500 or above. Hitting 500 or even better around here does not mean you can play D-1 baseball.
Messages In This Thread
LC's Chandler Shepherd named All-American - by foxtrot1 - 02-01-2011, 04:40 PM