Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the 15th Region (pre-season ranking)
I think those 3-5 spots are going to be very unique come tourny time? It will come down to the draw. Obviously a 57th team wont see each other until the finals, so most likely your looking at playing a Belfry team in the semi's, and that is not a push over game? Same goes for Pikeville, they could possibly see the lefty from Painstville or a very good coached JC team in which they'll have to throw their best to make it to the finals? So then who wins? If you take Shep off the mound for LC and you take Pikeville's ace off the mound, who then has the edge? I personally would give the edge to Pikeville, and I know LC is going to love this reasoning, but it's because of Burton. Burton against LC's #2 or #3 will be Pikeville's game to loose. I don't think LC can put up enough offense against Pikeville's #2 and #3 pitchers for them to take that game? That's just my opinion though, but I think to say LC will win because of Shep is a little "jumping the gun," because I personally don't see LC being able to hold Shep for 3 games until the finals. Then what happens if Pikeville/LC play in the semi-finals? Then your looking at Paintsville or JC having a shot at winning the region this year, or even Belfry for that matter. I think they'll be a lot more variables that's going to be in play than what people realize?
Messages In This Thread
Rank the 15th Region (pre-season ranking) - by JackRabbitSlim - 03-01-2011, 09:30 AM