Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gary Parrish of CBS is reporting John Pelphrey may be out at Arkansas!
Joneslab Wrote:I think your missing the point. If they fire him outright they have to pony up a large buy out of his contract. My understanding is that if he commits any type of violation even if it is secondary in nature the univeristy reserves the right to fire him without having to buy out his contract. Your are right in that this secondary violation is not the tipping point in the university's decision but it does give them some reason and save them a lot of money.
Don't tell me I'm missing the point. I have followed this situation in its entirety. I am positive that this have no bearing on the University of Arkansas' decision. All it does is give them another "reason" to give to the media who are ignorant of the situation. It may look like it has relevance, but it simply does not.

And to compare this to Bruce Pearl? You've gotta be kidding me. A kid's mom asks for a picture and the request is granted. Violation? Yes. But no even in the same ballpark as having recruits over to your house for a party, asking them to pretend that never happened, lying to the NCAA about the event, etc... It is ludicrous to compare the two violations.

Which backs up my point that it has no influence on The U of A's decision. Pearl is still the coach at UT for numerous major violations. If that did not get him axed (yet). Then a small secondary violation is not going to be the straw that broke the camels back in this instance. Money is not a factor this far along in the process. It is whether or not they believe they can win at a high level with the coach they have. If they decide no, then that is fair, but it will not be based on this incident.