Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. 9 Pikeville 6 (15th Region Championship)
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Rick is a good guy, but he knows nothing about high school baseball or the history of high school baseball. If he wants to write an article saying Shep is the best he's seen, then fine, but he should never lead the mountain people to think he knows every pitcher dating back 30 years? Shep is good, but there have been several kids if given the opportunity and resources couldve been in the same situation? Shep is well deserved, but put Pikevilles lineup up against Jackson or Harmon or Stevie Blevins, and I bet they don't score 6 runs?
Hey, I'm a Pikeville guy, don't get me wrong. And I have to disagree with you a little. Now, I didn't see Jackson or Blevins (I don't think), but I have seen Harmon, and I can almost guarantee you the lineup they've had over the past two years could get 6 runs off of him. Everyday? No, but more often than not. As for Rick, I like the guy too. I've known him well over 30 years. He played in high school, and back when he was an everyday reporter for the News-Express, he was out covering MANY games during the season, I saw him at them. So I think it is fair to say he has seen enough to make a halfway decent assessment of someone, so I'm going to take it for what it is... HIS opinion, and HIS only. I'm old enough and smart enough to know the difference and I believe most true baseball fans are, and will take it as just that, his opinion. We're all entitled to one.
Messages In This Thread
Lawrence Co. 9 Pikeville 6 (15th Region Championship) - by PHSForever - 06-08-2011, 09:27 AM