Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republicans Just worried about the Election in 2012
QUOTE=Wildcatk23;1217561]Were have u been the past 3 elections? We had a president redefine America. No funding for 2 wars, countless tax cuts to the rich, lies upon lies and your saying obama destroyed this nation in 2 years? 8 years under bush has brought down this country and u want to blame obama and the democrats for the not being able to float a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

NO FUNDING FOR 2 WARS Bush went to congress as the law requires under the War Powers Act. Congress authorized the Iraq and Afghanistan invasions and voted to appropriate the funding. What else should Bush have done? On the otherhand, we are presently embroiled in a war with Libya, you know, the "few days" war that has been raging since March of this year. Do I even need to point out Mr Obama (in clear violation of US law) didn't feel compelled to comply with the provisions of the War Powers Act and intitiated the conflict on his own authority. He still hasn't asked congress to sanction his actions and we are over 4 months down the road. So if you want to talk about unfunded war we have spent almost a billion so far and cost estimates are being held down due to the fact there is no end in sight to the fighting, much less the ouster of Moummar Al Kaddaffi.

TAX CUTS TO RICH - pointless democratic talking point

LIES UPON LIES - you mean like the one Reid told the whole nation last night on national tv when he said the republicans would't vote on his debt bill when in fact, they had just left the Senate chambers where Mitch McConnell et al were taunting him saying "we're ready to vote now, let's have the vote tonight"

Finally, NEVER have I said that Obama has destroyed this country, but, I will say this right here and now. IMO his POLICIES could and probably will destroy this country especially if we allow Harry Reid to keep circumventing established congressional proceedure and law.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Republicans Just worried about the Election in 2012 - by TheRealThing - 07-30-2011, 02:19 PM