Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republicans Just worried about the Election in 2012
[QUOTE=Hoot Gibson;1217926]I am not sure why the Libyan War was brought up, I mentioned it first - but it is an illustration of the contempt in which Obama holds the US Constitution and duly enacted federal laws. Many Democrats are already urging Obama to act without Congressional authority and to claim that he must raise the debt ceiling because of the 14th Amendment. Doing so would be an impeachable offense but there is no way that Democrats will impeach this would-be dictator.[/QUOTE]

I sort of got you involved with that Hoot, sorry about that. People keep grumbling about the war in Iraq and Afghanistan as being unfunded. It's a democratic talking point and I was just pointing out that Bush actually went to Congress and got a bipartisan okeydoke to invade. That same congress voted to appropriate funding for those wars too, as I recall. Matter of fact, of the three Senators standing up to defend the senate's having tabled the second house bill last night, Reid and Schumer both voted yes on that very resolution. As you pointed out Libya is an unfunded war based entirely on Obama's authority as he did not bother to go before the US Congress with the matter.

He has yet to seek approval from the congress and has informed them that the Libyan action doesn't require approval under the war powers act. How can he do this? He simply sent congress a 'redefined' version (according to his own infinite wisdom) of what the act actually means and when it applies, ah yes, it's good to be King!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Republicans Just worried about the Election in 2012 - by TheRealThing - 07-30-2011, 10:02 PM