Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Middle makes the news (not in a good light)
CADEREECE Wrote:Feel the same Off The Hook,,,,

Pikeville does have a good team, dont get me wrong, but I watched them barely beat Hazard in ot(Hazard blew a six point lead with a minute to go, missing 3 straight front end of the bonus).

Also saw Knox County beat Pikeville bad in the championship of that same tournament.

Pikeville has one of the better middle school teams in the mountains, but i do not see them being a major threat at the state middle school tournament

Oh don't get me wrong. Pikeville does have a decent team, as well as Paintsville, Hazard and Knox. I just couldn't believe that they said "one of the Nation's most"...lol. And according to the article. Pikeville's Coach did what he should. He removed his starters VERY early and told his team to NOT play defense. Sounds to me that if the other team wants to play games. They need to play a B & C-Team schedule. I am sure that the other schools would be more than happy to schedule games with them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Messages In This Thread
Pikeville Middle makes the news (not in a good light) - by OffTheHook - 11-28-2011, 03:00 PM