Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Middle makes the news (not in a good light)
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:I don't think the players should be punished for this, they were only doing what they were told. But the coach should be let go for this. Like someone said in another thread this can be prevented and it proves nothing. There have been years where other powerful teams could have won this big or bigger against weaker teams but it is just not necessary.

But what did people expect from Johnson?

What I find comical is how Pikeville is boasted as one of the nation's best teams. Haha. Wow.
No offense, did you even read it? He had them stop playing defense, scored 30 in the 2nd half, and had his starters out 2 minutes into the game. Think about that for a minute. What should he have done? Send one player out there and play 1 on 5? Playing NO defense the whole second half and all Kimper could do was score 2 points? Players should not be punished, I agree. Coach? I'm not sure if he should be, but if he is, perhaps a one or 2 game suspension. I really don't see what people wanted Pikeville to do, short of tell them they were not going to play the 2nd half. Really, most viable solution to this for future happenstance is to establish a running clock rule like football has, is about all I can think of right now.

And to the other posters, knock off the smart aleck remarks about the players, they are a good bunch of kids, know everyone of them. Just play very well together.
Messages In This Thread
Pikeville Middle makes the news (not in a good light) - by PHSForever - 11-28-2011, 03:06 PM