Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Middle makes the news (not in a good light)
fred taylor Wrote:Brian the Coach was only doing what Pikeville has done for years.
Pikeville has aways beat teams as bad as they can when they can.
Brian was probably just doing what he saw Kevin Garris do a few years ago.
Kevin Garris had Mullins down 68 to 2 at halftime when he coached and played his starters in the 3rd quarter and beat them by 87 points he also beat Christ Central when they started a girl on they 8th grade boys team by 70 points. I will never beleive anything but Pikeville wanted to win 100 to 0
You no you are playing Kimper dress a few 6th graders let them win by 30 points and go to your next game. But Pikeville has never had any class so this is not a surprise to me.
Wanna guess who was on this Christ Central team? Me. First off, stop trying to embellish the story. There was not a girl that started. It was me (Paintsville/PHS), Landon Hale (Piarst/BL), Gavin Miller (PHS), Cory Tackett (PCHS), and Aaron Cornette (?). We had two sixth graders, Miller and Hale, and three 8th graders starting.

The starters for Pikeville played until about 2 minutes left in the game and I didn't leave the gym demanding an apology. I took the whipping and moved on. I don't see how that is so hard for some people to grasp. Life is not fair. And the people who want to lie to the kids and teach them it is, well, I disagree with that mentality. I have been a part of teams beaten at multiple AAU tournaments by 50-60, baseball teams on the losing end of 15-0 games and a majority were coached by my father. I do not remember him once after a game being upset at the other team for doing what they signed up to do which is play the game. It was taught to me that if something like that happens, it is a wake up call to show where you stand and if you don't work to get better, you are not going to succeed in that field. And thank God I was brought up that way or else I would expect everything to be given to me and that I would not have to work via college, work, etc... to get ahead and excel.
Messages In This Thread
Pikeville Middle makes the news (not in a good light) - by Panther Thunder - 11-29-2011, 06:19 PM