Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop Brossart 4 Pikeville 2 (KHSAA State Tournament)
First off, I thought it was a horrendous call at second. BUT, that did not lose the game.

Two pretty evenly matched teams from what I saw, but Brossart was better that day when it counted. Maynard threw a nice game and got out of some big jams. The flip side is, Brossart earned their runs. They hit the ball well in big situations and made the plays on defense and Pikeville did not. That is what it came down to.

Very proud of the season that the Panthers had, and as I told many of them after the game, it always hurts when it ends. But for Pikeville Baseball, that is where it should end. Not at home in 15th. This was icing on the cake.

Aside from almost having my head taken off with a bat, it was a great day of baseball and I loved being able to watch the Maroon and White on the biggest stage in KY High School Baseball!

It will be hard to say goodbye to the seniors, especially guys like Miller and Maynard. But they have been incredible and put the program where it needs to be and that will not be forgotten. As I do for the last game of every sport, for the seniors, one last HAIL PIKEVILLE!
Messages In This Thread
Bishop Brossart 4 Pikeville 2 (KHSAA State Tournament) - by Panther Thunder - 06-05-2012, 03:55 PM