Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan
TheRealVille Wrote:^ Yet it's republican politicians(think the governors of the two states who recently did away with collective bargaining in their states, and many others), and your very own former governor who tried to bring KY to a "right to work" state. Even your cohort on this site would love nothing more to see unions die, and has said as much. Did you pound the Frankfort pavement with us during Ernie's tenure, while he was trying to turn this state around, or did you take up for his actions? Like I said, you are retired and it's very easy for you to vote for people that try to kill us.

Do you ever know what you're talking about? Scot Walker didn't "do away" with all collective bargaining rights in Wisconsin. He did limit some of the lamer ones, but the health of the affected unions is better since the nominal limits were applied. Unions don't always get what they ask for in negotiations, things change and that's why unions renegotiate every 2-4 years or so. I have already said that I have a certain contempt for non-labor associated unions such as government worker unions. I can't answer for Fletcher's actions and really don't care to. Logic dictates the rise in unions and union membership will naturally erode collective barganing positions. Everybody can't be in a union, or unions would become inaffective. When one attains something special like union membership, it ceases to be special if everybody is allowed to join or have a part of it. Savvy?

I take exception to your remark. I walked the pickett and stayed out on strike to the detriment of my own family to support my union convictions. Where I differ from people like you is in knowing that just because the union is pushing some concept or position doesn't make it right. And ultimately, unions lose the respect of those they are trying to bargain with, because they blow so much smoke. The guy sitting across the table isn't stupid and he isn't scared. A little respect and honesty wouldn't hurt at the barganing table. To get respect one must give respect.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Supreme Court upholds Obama's Healthcare plan - by TheRealThing - 07-07-2012, 11:31 PM