Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
India, Kentucky and W.Va. coal producers announce partnership
Hoot Gibson Wrote:By your estimate, which I take with a grain of salt given the high rate of factually inaccurate information that you have provided about the American coal industry, Booth's company would make between $2 and $4 dollars/ton on that contract - a profit margin of somewhere between 3 and 8 percent. Given that the Obama administration has declared war on coal and seems to be winning, Booth's contract does not sound all that lucrative.

All it takes to bankrupt a coal company is for the EPA to change its enforcement policies and team with the anti-coal zealots to use the federal courts to do Obama's dirty work. I doubt that Jim Booth is giving any credit to Obama for the contract that he negotiated. If Romney is elected, good times are ahead for the coal industry.
But here's what I would bet the farm on:

If, Obama were to campaign through the coal fields, his campaign rhetoric would include phrases such as "I made this happen", "I worked out this deal with India....." "My polocies are working and it's keeping all of you miner's working".....yada yada yada

Obama , would someway, somehow try to find a way make others believe he is the reason for the deal.

Any takers on the wager?
Messages In This Thread
India, Kentucky and W.Va. coal producers announce partnership - by Bob Seger - 08-19-2012, 09:26 AM