Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will Obama's next career be?
ronald reagan Wrote:I don't claim to be a republican, I am a republican. I disagree with about 90-95% of Obama's ideas and values. Being a military guy myself, I know that his decision on DADT was a good thing. All the guys I serve with supported it.

Otherwise, you don't see me defending Obama. I'm not rallying around obamacare, his tax plan, his regulations, his hatred of the rich, his assault on the Catholic church, his failed foreign policy, his deficit spending, his liberal justices, his cabinet members, etc.

Its a single issue that I happen to believe in. Do you support Mitt Romney on everything? or did you support Ronald Reagan on everything?

And the post about Reagan being more liberal than most would realize, you are dead on.

Reagan was a hardcore New Dealer. FDR was his political ideal. He was president of a union, and let it to a strike. He raised taxes every year from 82-87, on business, individuals, gas, and social security (including the largest increase ever at that point.). He supported and expanded the EITC. He was a huge deficit spender. Raising the debt from less than a trillion to almost 3 trillion. He supported the UN. Went back and forth on ERA. As governor of California he supported and signed the most liberal abortion law in the country. He grew the size of government by 61,000. (Clinton's term saw a drop in 300,000).

But through all of that. He's still my hero.

His steadfast leadership saw the fall of the USSR. And the rebuilding of a great Superpower --- economically and through military might. When he took office, we had been faced with stagflation. Interest rates, inflation, and unemployment hovering at or near double digits. Yet by the end of his first term, all three were under control. Obama has shown us his inability to do the same.

Romney can and will do better.

I agree 100%. I have a few gay friends that are still in and it was absolutely the right decision. The military may be jacked up in a lot of ways, but they did get this one right.
Messages In This Thread
What will Obama's next career be? - by Memo Luna - 10-02-2012, 08:27 PM
What will Obama's next career be? - by vundy33 - 10-02-2012, 10:54 PM
What will Obama's next career be? - by Wildcatk23 - 10-03-2012, 03:23 AM
What will Obama's next career be? - by Stardust - 10-03-2012, 12:28 PM
What will Obama's next career be? - by vundy33 - 10-03-2012, 09:04 PM
What will Obama's next career be? - by Bob Seger - 10-04-2012, 12:30 AM
What will Obama's next career be? - by Backwoods - 10-04-2012, 05:23 AM
What will Obama's next career be? - by Bob Seger - 10-04-2012, 02:33 PM
What will Obama's next career be? - by zaga_fan - 10-04-2012, 04:02 PM