Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will Obama's next career be?
TheRealThing Wrote:Unlike you, I'm not suffering from an identity crisis so when I borrow something from another's work I cite that source. Oh, you Google alright. And, since you brought up koolaid, absolutely everything coming out of your spout was put there by somebody else. Hard right winger? Where did that come from?

Are you offended because you can't speak to the question I asked you with regard to the first chapter of Romans and God's clearly revealed stance on the sin of homosexuality? I posted that for your consideration. It seems that once you're feathers get a little ruffled, the kid gloves come off. For example, consider your posted assessment of my intellectual ability against the following; Matthew 5:22 (KJV)
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Don't try to give me my opinion, I earned it. :biggrin:

I know God's view on homosexuality. Its evil, sinful, immoral. I concur. I've made that clear. Heterosexual marriage outside of the church is as well. You know my view clearly on government marriage versus christian marriage. They are two totally different things. You can think what you want, you can quote more verses if you'd like, and you can sleep better tonight if thats what it does for you. I will not get into a theological debate with you, because frankly, I doubt that you are Catholic.... and if I stated my true beliefs on non-Catholics, it would surely offend you. Thats not my goal. And after speaking with my spiritual advisor and priest, I feel pretty comfortable in my view on government.

And trust me, I've been in danger of hell fire many times. :devilflam

But back to the issue at hand. And that you still apparently deny, Reagan wasn't "very conservative". He was a moderate who believed in one key idea that differentiates him from many that came before and after --- Federalism.

I have a Reagan library... bios, autobio, policy statements (abortion), policy studies, personal letters, radio addresses, private diary, love letters to nancy, and a personal favorite... "how ronald reagan changed my life". It seems to me from my 20 years of Reagan study, that the facts are clear. He was the best president in modern era, a brilliant orator, a man who believed in conservative principles (yet struggled to implement them).... and most of all, a deeply spiritual man with a love for this country that rivals that of anyone who came before him.

Are you denying that Reagan raised taxes time after time? Expanded medicare? Bailed out social security? Added twice as much to the debt as every president combined before him? Grew the size of government? Or are you trying to say that these are conservative principles?

You were 'there' huh? Well, before you were, I AM. :worthy:

I can't keep defending a view on government that you don't accept. Its absolutely pointless. You're right, I'm wrong. Thats you're view. Thats ok with me.

I love religious freedom. Especially your right to believe as you do. I encourage you to do more though than write about it on BGR. Hopefully you're involved at levels that can influence those in power to follow your idea.

Reagan loved freedom. I'm sure we both can agree on that.
Messages In This Thread
What will Obama's next career be? - by Memo Luna - 10-02-2012, 08:27 PM
What will Obama's next career be? - by vundy33 - 10-02-2012, 10:54 PM
What will Obama's next career be? - by Wildcatk23 - 10-03-2012, 03:23 AM
What will Obama's next career be? - by Stardust - 10-03-2012, 12:28 PM
What will Obama's next career be? - by vundy33 - 10-03-2012, 09:04 PM
What will Obama's next career be? - by Bob Seger - 10-04-2012, 12:30 AM
What will Obama's next career be? - by Backwoods - 10-04-2012, 05:23 AM
What will Obama's next career be? - by Bob Seger - 10-04-2012, 02:33 PM
What will Obama's next career be? - by zaga_fan - 10-04-2012, 04:02 PM
What will Obama's next career be? - by ronald reagan - 10-04-2012, 10:18 PM