Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado votes to legalize Marijuana?
crazytaxidriver Wrote:This post is going to be based on experience rather that stats:

I know a lot of people who smoke pot. I know a lot of people who drink. And I know a lot of people who do both. Based on what I know I can agree that not everyone smokes to get high. And not everyone who drink gets plastered. But in both cases the state of mind is altered. For those of us who choose to believe the bible we know that there are passages that speak of not entering altered states of consciousness. So there is that. If you don't believe the bible then I guess you don have to worry about that.

But everybody that I know who chooses to smoke usually does so on a daily basis. It's how they get the ability to not get high when they do smoke. And to "level out" as you say. I have smoked a lot of pot. But I can't take one toke now without wigging out.

I don't think it's a good idea to legalize marijuana. But I'm not naive enough to think that people are going to stop smoking. The government can't stop it so they figure they should make some money on it. It's going to go the same way as the legal moonshine business, more expensive for weaker product.

I have seen the long term effects of daily usage. And I can tell u that it does not make u smarter. It might make you momentarily creative. But taking ten minutes to tie a shoe isn't exactly a good trade off.

And since people want the right to smoke in their own homes then what's stopping them from doing coke and heroin in that privacy also?? After all what's good for the goose is good for the gander right?

I think we the people should have rights but I also believe that without laws we will revert to cavemen. Or total anarchists. The problem I have with the far left liberals is that they want total freedom with no responsibility for the consequences.

So far what I have seen is that pot limits motor function and drive to succeed. But if you are going to create art or music the stuff is a miracle worker.

All this is my opinion based on first hand experience. So no number or news reports can change that.
Just to address this one point for now, because cocaine and heroin can kill. There is not one single case of a weed overdose, nor is there a single case of weed only smokers getting lung cancer, not one. BTW, weed is falsely scheduled with heroin.
Messages In This Thread
Colorado votes to legalize Marijuana? - by 4_real - 11-07-2012, 01:58 AM
Colorado votes to legalize Marijuana? - by LWC - 11-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Colorado votes to legalize Marijuana? - by LWC - 11-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Colorado votes to legalize Marijuana? - by nky - 11-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Colorado votes to legalize Marijuana? - by LWC - 11-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Colorado votes to legalize Marijuana? - by LWC - 11-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Colorado votes to legalize Marijuana? - by LWC - 11-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Colorado votes to legalize Marijuana? - by hop24 - 11-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Colorado votes to legalize Marijuana? - by LWC - 11-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Colorado votes to legalize Marijuana? - by hop24 - 11-20-2012, 03:03 AM
Colorado votes to legalize Marijuana? - by nky - 11-27-2012, 03:23 PM