Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
obamacare 2 insanely raise premiums in california
vundy33 Wrote:I think you and I agree on most of what we both said Hoot. The main thing I don't like is the types in my party that think just because the opposition do something low, that they have to hit back with something just as low. That has worked against us soooo many times, and it's like they never learn that it just doesn't work, lol.

There were many things that I disagreed with Bush on such as the illegal amnesty bill he supported, the $5 billion in other people's money that he spent fighting AIDS in Africa (pandering to black voters), and his talk of the "ownership society," which contributed to the collapse of the housing bubble. I think that most good people in Congress are Republicans but I also believe that they are a minority within their own party. I wish that RINOS like Boehner, McCain, Graham, and many others would lose their primaries, and I criticize them here frequently.

But I supported Bush on the war on terrorism, both in Iraq and Afghanistan, and I supported the Patriot Act at the time it was passed, along with almost every member of Congress. However, the failure of both parties to get a handle on illegal immigration has forced me to reconsider. IMO, we cannot have any real security as long as our southern border is a sieve.

The massive invasion of privacy that we are witnessing cannot provide any security in the absence of any control of out border. The need for PRISM arose out of our federal government's refusal to provide any real border security - and every terrorist incident is being used as an excuse to deprive us of more of our constitutional rights.
Messages In This Thread
obamacare 2 insanely raise premiums in california - by Hoot Gibson - 06-09-2013, 07:58 PM