Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
irs targets conservative voting groups
Hoot Gibson Wrote:More bad news for Obama and his gang of thugs. I hope that Ms. Lerner has taken proper security precaution until Congress compels her to testify.

[INDENT] [/INDENT]

Surely there has to been something written into the law somewhere, that would compel those in public service to testify when asked. I mean cutting to the chase here, if taking the 5th is truly a legal fallback for all public officials and employees, how could congress or any authority for that matter, ever charge them with anything? That in and of itself, would provide a kind of immunity from prosecution, would it not? No matter how grievous the offense, they could just sit there before congress and stare as if looking at something off in the distance ala James Holmes. Further, I could imagine even the likes of the US Attorney General, thumbing his nose at congress. And, every time they ask for something from him, he could just stonewall supposedly the most formidable body ever assembled, the Congress of the United States of America, lol.

We see how well refusing to respond to the public of which, government officials are beholden, really works. Fast and Furious, the Benghazi scandals, the IRS scandal, the NSA info gathering scandal, the rigged presidential debate scandal. These folks' bond is their oath of office, it follows then that we should ask the question. What can we really do to keep those in high office in line who, blatantly refuse to submit to the authority under which they were sworn into office? To me, no public official should be able to defy the congress by not answering truthfully any and all questions put to them, under pain of incarceration. We elect these folks to go to DC to do our business, not propagate their own personal political and philosophical agendas.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
irs targets conservative voting groups - by nky - 05-11-2013, 10:40 PM
irs targets conservative voting groups - by nky - 05-13-2013, 08:57 AM
irs targets conservative voting groups - by nky - 05-13-2013, 09:38 AM
irs targets conservative voting groups - by nky - 05-13-2013, 10:04 AM
irs targets conservative voting groups - by nky - 05-13-2013, 10:32 AM
irs targets conservative voting groups - by nky - 05-22-2013, 01:43 PM
irs targets conservative voting groups - by nky - 05-22-2013, 01:44 PM
irs targets conservative voting groups - by TheRealThing - 06-29-2013, 03:50 PM