Poll: Should the US use military action against Syria
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
20.00%
No
80.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the US use military action against Syria?
Of course not Hoot, haha. You know I know better! I was just speaking in general. I went pretty off-topic and it might've been a bit tough to read ha, but it just came out really. This isn't the thread for it but many more people read the Gen Discussion, I feel more comfortable talking to people I think I know a little in here.

Also, just want to say that SSG David Bellavia isn't one of those guys that tries to cash in on that type of stuff. The main reason he wrote the book was to help keep awareness up on the great actions of our guys in my generation that have gone above and beyond, and he is still doing it today and trying to help people. I could cite so many more of just that battle, could fill a book about these guys in both wars, and could fill a library discussing them in any war Americans have ever been a part of. These are the guys that I think should be remembered and documentaries made about on National Geographic rather than 300 docs on SEAL Team 6 and the Bin Laden raid. Those guys are these guys, they are cut from the same cloth. But so much attention given to one mission, albeit a huge and very important one, seems a bit wrong to me. I feel that if I don't at least try to keep people aware of these guys they'll be forgotten by most, and that's just not happening while I am breathing. You probably have noticed I avoid calling them heroes, even though they literally epitomize the word. It fits them as well as the term "grunt" does. But I know my buddy, who I'm about to talk a little about, would laugh at me and make me push for calling him that, hahaha. I think nearly all of them would.

I just want to mention two more people, one a great friend of mine. I'll start out with my buddy Justin, and if you click the link and look at his photo you'd be surprised. But that dude was hard, and I personally watched him do things that would earn any officer the Silver Star. He was born to be clutch and do things others didn't have the mental strength to do, took care of his soldiers and died doing so. Wasn't there when he passed, but God knows I wish i had been. http://freedomremembered.com/index.php/s...-gallegos/

Also want to mention this Marine and link his story. Marine SGT Rafael Peralta was clearing houses during the Second Battle of Fallujah when he and his Marines entered a house and he was immediately hit with multiple rounds and wounded pretty badly. He moved out of the doorway, the "fatal funnel" doorway every vet knows about, to let his guys move on clearing the house. But they immediately had a grenade thrown into the little room they were in, but they were expecting this since it was a tactic both sides used. He was still very much conscious, and when he realized his guys couldn't get out of the room in time, he grabbed the grenade and put it under his body armor. He didn't even have to go on the clearing missions but chose to go anyway. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafael_Peralta

Just a couple to remember I guess. Apologies to anyone thinks I derailed the thread...it won't be easy to be put back on course though, lol. Have to mention them.
Messages In This Thread
Should the US use military action against Syria? - by vundy33 - 09-11-2013, 08:17 PM