Poll: Who makes the trip to Bowling Green?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
68.24%
Bourbon County
31.76%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Bourbon County (State Semi Finals)11/29/13
Should definitely be an interesting contest. Bourbon has been looking to Belfry since Nov/Dec 2012....right after they got beat in the semi's. Have enveloped their entire season around "wanting Belfry". Their resolve reminds me alot of the past Breathitt Co and Middlesboro teams....all of which claimed their season hinged on "beating Belfry". No question...Bourbon is a quality team...especially on offense. Their defense hasn't earnestly been challenged all year....including last night. Don't let anyone continue to sell "Mason was great". No way. No shape. Mason is/was a marginal team that would find themselves in a dog fight with Pike Central.

Defensively....Bourbon has some holes...and it'll be interesting to see how they deal with the "fullback option". They struggled last year in defending the middle. IMO, that will be key. If Belfry can run between the tackles.....

For Bourbon....they will have to be able to run the ball. They're definitely quick...and love to pressure the corners. Belfry must wrap and tackle..or YAC will be a huge advantage for Bourbon.

If the game were @ Belfry.....I would predict the Pirates by +/- 10... With the game being at Bourbon...I see this as a "push" game. Historically...Belfry has played very well in road playoff games. However, Bourbon definitely has a focused approach coming into Friday.

Will probably come down to coaching and game adjustments. I"ll take Haywood and the Pirates in that category.
Messages In This Thread
Belfry @ Bourbon County (State Semi Finals)11/29/13 - by OutlawJoseyWales - 11-23-2013, 02:20 PM