Poll: Who wins the title
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
55.74%
Wayne County
44.26%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Pirates Vs Wayne Co. (3A State Championship 12/6/13)
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I do think thats a factor in most peoples minds. Every good team had to "start" being good at some point or another. Wayne County built a program. A lot of schools are having trouble doing that today with powerhouses like Highlands, Bowling Green, Central, and Trinity winning it almost every year. The thing about this year, is I see Wayne county as the favorite over Belfry at this point. After Wayne lost in the playoffs last year, I actually stated that I thought they would put a running clock on Bell, beat Central in the playofs, and get to the state title game against Belfry.

I think the most important thing to see here is Belfry cant catch a freaking break. After getting there hearts broken by Central over the past couple of seasons, they finally get a year where Central is down, and Wayne county is extremely good.

I think this will be a good game. Neither team will be thinking its an easy win. I think both teams should be thinking loss so they prepare better. I chose Wayne County to win, but I wouldnt be surprised to see Belfry come away with the title.

Man, I made the mistake of making a Bills comparison. I didn't even know that was a common slight by people towards Belfry. I meant it in no disrespect. I wasn't saying Belfry choked or anything, just meant that it felt like they deserve to win won.

But yeah, Wayne built a program, it must have started somewhere in little league. We played them and they had a good little league program, fed in pretty nice to their middle school. The KMSFA has a lot of teams that hopefully are coming up to battle some of the private schools and big time powerhouse programs.

I had fun with a few verbal jabs but really I have utmost respect for Belfry fans, they are the most loyal in the state, IMO. They really are similar, very similar, I think, to a Texas powerhouse high-school team. Shut the town down, every family get in their car and drive to the game, no matter how far it is. Heck, I thought Bell county traveled pretty well, and Corbin, but Belfry beats them both in that department. For Wayne's sake I hope they get actual football program fans, not just mom's and dad's one year (like my school) who root their own kids on, but quit coming after graduation. That's why Belfry is so special, they live and breathe their football program.
Messages In This Thread
Belfry Pirates Vs Wayne Co. (3A State Championship 12/6/13) - by smoke1015 - 12-01-2013, 02:02 AM