Poll: Who wins the title
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
55.74%
Wayne County
44.26%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Pirates Vs Wayne Co. (3A State Championship 12/6/13)
Man I've been gone too long!!! I can't keep up; I did a multi quote post just now and it was too long to post! LOL

Saw Belfry bust some Colonel butt Friday night, then stratight back to Lexington for the night, then at Berea all day Saturday at their annual Food Bank Tournament. We played Highlands in the first game and Bourbon County for the championship, but that's fodder for another thread.

Gut, this is a decent post:

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I do think thats a factor in most peoples minds. Every good team had to "start" being good at some point or another. Wayne County built a program. A lot of schools are having trouble doing that today with powerhouses like Highlands, Bowling Green, Central, and Trinity winning it almost every year. The thing about this year, is I see Wayne county as the favorite over Belfry at this point. After Wayne lost in the playoffs last year, I actually stated that I thought they would put a running clock on Bell, beat Central in the playofs, and get to the state title game against Belfry.

I think the most important thing to see here is Belfry cant catch a freaking break. After getting there hearts broken by Central over the past couple of seasons, they finally get a year where Central is down, and Wayne county is extremely good.

I think this will be a good game. Neither team will be thinking its an easy win. I think both teams should be thinking loss so they prepare better. I chose Wayne County to win, but I wouldnt be surprised to see Belfry come away with the title.

However, your score prediction on the first page of this thread is total bullshit...just sayin'.

smoke1015 Wrote:Yes, most Wayne comments have said something similar to that, a blowout, or can't stop our powerhouse offense. So maybe Belfry fans were provoked a bit. You have to remember, Wayne fans haven't been there before. And from my experience, they can be talkers down there in Wayne, especially grannies. So you might have me there. There were comments, if not in this thread, eluding to Wayne hadn't played anyone nearly as good as Belfry, etc.. Which may be true. In this case, I get this feeling, from fans at least, young, never been there, defiant, probably not long-time fans like Belfry fans, probably not super big football fans in general, or not fans of their own program (most of them probably have son's playing right now, so they are relative new fans), so they are mouthy, more emotionally tied due to maybe a son or nephew or grandson is playing. Belfry is more football knowledgeable, however with almost, just a tad of cockyness, maybe, or maybe it's just a familiarity with a regular occurrence. Now this may sound like a compliment to Belfry and a slight to Wayne, but I do believe I feel Wayne fans are more, shall we say, boisterous with their comments because they are nervous themselves and Belfry seems a little more confident as fans. I actually get nervousness from both sides. The comments from some Belfry guys seem more like trying to explain why Wayne is ranked, right now, above them, and possibly the favorite, instead of just letting it ride, that Wayne has had a really good season and has beaten some good teams, handily. The couple of Wayne comments have been pretty wild. Whoever it was that accused Belfry of being not a clean program was way out of line.

Please don't make me mad with comments like this!! I'm already a little put off from Pirat1991#8's little snide remark about being hormonal! Confusednicker:

Now, on to the game.....I see tits for tats (LOL) exchanged back and forth between two teams about the state championship. Well, what's wrong with that? Support your team passionately; it will over soon for both teams and you're going to miss this!! Take my word for it.
I know NOTHING about Wayne County football, but I will certainly be slinging trash for the Belfry Pirates...it's just what I do.
Respect for both teams here is a reality, even if it isn't SAID. It's implied simply because both teams made it to the state title game...WOW!! What a wonderful accomplishment for both teams, and for their Seniors!!!

So, don't be thinned skinned!!! Enjoy the banter, and support your kids with the passion they deserve!!

Gut stop hating on Belfry; looks to me like you're already trying to sneak back into the fold!!:lmao:

Wayne County, good luck and I am seriously praying for an injury free game. We've had way too many of those this year, and I'm a little tired of them!!

That said, GO PIRATES!!!! It will be a slobberknocker, but I choose the Pirates by a score!!!
Messages In This Thread
Belfry Pirates Vs Wayne Co. (3A State Championship 12/6/13) - by Granny Bear - 12-01-2013, 07:59 AM