Poll: Who wins the title
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
55.74%
Wayne County
44.26%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Pirates Vs Wayne Co. (3A State Championship 12/6/13)
smoke1015 Wrote:Yes, most Wayne comments have said something similar to that, a blowout, or can't stop our powerhouse offense. So maybe Belfry fans were provoked a bit. You have to remember, Wayne fans haven't been there before. And from my experience, they can be talkers down there in Wayne, especially grannies. So you might have me there. There were comments, if not in this thread, eluding to Wayne hadn't played anyone nearly as good as Belfry, etc.. Which may be true. In this case, I get this feeling, from fans at least, young, never been there, defiant, probably not long-time fans like Belfry fans, probably not super big football fans in general, or not fans of their own program (most of them probably have son's playing right now, so they are relative new fans), so they are mouthy, more emotionally tied due to maybe a son or nephew or grandson is playing. Belfry is more football knowledgeable, however with almost, just a tad of cockyness, maybe, or maybe it's just a familiarity with a regular occurrence. Now this may sound like a compliment to Belfry and a slight to Wayne, but I do believe I feel Wayne fans are more, shall we say, boisterous with their comments because they are nervous themselves and Belfry seems a little more confident as fans. I actually get nervousness from both sides. The comments from some Belfry guys seem more like trying to explain why Wayne is ranked, right now, above them, and possibly the favorite, instead of just letting it ride, that Wayne has had a really good season and has beaten some good teams, handily. The couple of Wayne comments have been pretty wild. Whoever it was that accused Belfry of being not a clean program was way out of line.

I don't think there is a cocky Belfry fan on this board. Do we expect to be in week 14 every year? Yes we do, as do all teams expect that from the first day of practice.The Belfry fanbase is very knowlegable, when it comes to football. Our team motto is FAITH, FAMILY & FOOTBALL. Every fanbase has that percent of crazies haha that tend to go a little overboard. Does craziness = Passion..maybe so. Like I said above, if you make it to week 14 you deserve to be there. Its a privilege and an honor to suit up and wear your community name proudly across your chest on a big stage. Congrats to Wayne for getting to BG and I am looking forward to a great game on Friday!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Belfry Pirates Vs Wayne Co. (3A State Championship 12/6/13) - by BelfryPride - 12-01-2013, 12:32 PM