Poll: Who wins the title
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
55.74%
Wayne County
44.26%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Pirates Vs Wayne Co. (3A State Championship 12/6/13)
Objective Wrote:Here's the difference is wayne co will put 9 in the box that will feel like 12 and they will still cover the pass. This is a really good defense probably the best defense Belfry will have seen all year it's not gonna be business as usual trust me on that. We all know Belfry "can" pass they just don't pass well and aren't confident in the pass and only use it as a last resort. Coming from a similar type of offensive school I understand how this hurts in the big games

With that said I feel like this will be the best run attack that Wayne has seen all year and that it will give them fits

now I don't have a horse in this race I'm just pointing out some facts

Believe me....Belfry has seen their fair share of 9, 10 and even 11 in the box. This isn't Haywood's first rodeo. Teams that have traditionally needed to put 9 in the box haven't faired very well against Belfry teams...past or present. E-town, Owensboro Catholic, Breathitt, Middlesboro, Prestonsburg, Pike Central, Bourbon, Mason Co, Garrard.....the list could go on and on.

Central has consistently given Belfry problems because they didn't need to put 9 and 10 in the box. Their size, speed and overall athleticism enabled them to take a more straight up approach. If putting 9 and 10 in the box is Wayne's gameplan...and I doubt that it is....but if it is.......bless your hearts.
Messages In This Thread
Belfry Pirates Vs Wayne Co. (3A State Championship 12/6/13) - by OutlawJoseyWales - 12-02-2013, 04:43 PM