Poll: Who wins the title
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
55.74%
Wayne County
44.26%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Pirates Vs Wayne Co. (3A State Championship 12/6/13)
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Good post as always, but with respect Friday Belfry's use of the pass was major factor in opening up the middle.

Bourbon was very effective up the middle and gave a few intricacies to their defense I am not sure I had seen implemented (well successfully at least) against Belfry previously. Bourbon was doing a great job against both the interior run and the option. The adjustment that was made was to use the toss sweep and the bubble screen to Taylor. Belfry successfully used the bubble screen 3 times in the 1st Half and picked up a handful of nice chunks on the toss sweep and suddenly the inside began opening up in a big way. In the 2nd Half Bourbon made adjustments to counter those plays.. then the Counter/ISO/ and option opened up.

The pass was very instrumental Friday... but that doesn't happen very often

Fair enough, but I'm sure you realize the Pirates only won last Friday by a single score. I'll put it another way... If you'd known Belfry was going to score 21 vs. Bourbon Co., how confident would you be going in ?

Wayne Co., from everything I've seen/read, is a different animal. Very fast team on both sides with a lot of offensive explosiveness.

Where I'm going is...this is one game where Belfry NEEDS those 10+ play drives. The Pirates NEED to be the stronger team, or it'll be a tough one to win.
Messages In This Thread
Belfry Pirates Vs Wayne Co. (3A State Championship 12/6/13) - by oneijoe - 12-02-2013, 08:56 PM