Poll: Who wins the title
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
55.74%
Wayne County
44.26%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Pirates Vs Wayne Co. (3A State Championship 12/6/13)
johnnyd Wrote:So your telling me that Sheldon Clark, Jackson County, Southwestern (yes the same team Belfry played), Pike Central didnt affect Belfry's statistics this year either? If Pike Central played Bell or Corbin, I'm picking either to desmantle them. I dont really understand why everyone is looking to discredit Wayne. Who really cares who is better on either side of the ball? It's not going to matter Friday who they played or who's schedule is better its going to come down to the players on the field. Largely its going to come down to turnovers, injuries, penalties and field position. Why do you guys want to get on here and tear down what a bunch of kids accomplished? I don't see Wayne County's fans doing that to your team. I see from your explaination that every key win of Wayne's was a freak of nature. Corbin, Bell, Central and PT were all smoke and mirrors and we have no shot against Mighty Belfry. Maybe your right, maybe your not but I'm not going to get on here and analyze your games, pick all the things that I find to discredit your team and call them a myth. No sir, I have more respect for your team and any team for that matter. I understand that Belfry is the statis elite for football in this state but you need to remember that other teams work just as hard to be successful as you guys do, Don't rain on others parade's just to make yourself feel better about your team. Like I said who cares...make your prediction and go on. Don't try to discredit the success of someone else.

By no means was I discrediting Wayne, only making the statement that an analysis of a football team who's defense has been hyped for most of the latter part of the season. If you see what I said as saying Wayne's wins were flukes then you truly struggle to understand the analysis. Only stating something that should be obvious in that Wayne dominated several lesser teams, as they should have. And beat traditionally good teams who were not on their usual level. Belfry on the other hand has played a schedule that looked grueling to begin the year. While winning they struggled at times with many aspects and the schedule that once looked so daunting turned out to be slightly above their average schedules.

I'm not raining on your parade or eating your cookie. I am analyzing a football game from the perspective of a fan for one team, so yes it may be a bit biased. Wayne won the games put in front of them with ease the analysis stemmed from the fact someone used per game stats to declare Wayne would win. The analysis was to show that weak competition skews those numbers.

Belfry's fans have analyzed our games and our weaknesses all year long. We are not trying to hide anything from anyone. Since you brought it up however, Sheldon Clark is terrible no doubt the worst we faced all year, we played a terrible game against Soutwestern the second worst team we faced all year. Jackson Co put more points on the board than Wayne's worst 5 opponents and were the 3rd worst team we faced this season.

I could analyze every bit of Belfry's schedule and would be far more critical of it that I was of Wayne's, but I have seen that analysis.
Messages In This Thread
Belfry Pirates Vs Wayne Co. (3A State Championship 12/6/13) - by AtlPirateFan - 12-03-2013, 10:12 AM