Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA Attempts To Clarify Middle School Rules
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Cherokee,

First I have no feeling for this rule either way...their will always be a loophole to getting older kids to play...it's how it's been and will be...but my question to you is in what way did they take a parental right away from you?

They never sId you can't hold your child back, that's still your right, as you put it. All they said was if you hold your kid back then they have to "redshirt" a year. This is by far the best compromise they could have came up with considering there was talk about if you held a kid back in middle school then their 4 year eligibility in high school would start.

Like I said I don't care about hold backs, I have always played against them and have no issue with it, if you can't beat them then get better...that's how I view it...

Thanks guys, have a great day and hope spring practice went well for y'all..

Yeah you decide to keep your kid back and he has to sit a whole year without playing something he loves, heck that is punishment for no crime why punish a kid. If it's no skin off your *** why make more rules; why the heck does everyone think it's a good rule punishing a kid for a year not letting him develop his skills socially, academically, athletically or physically without giving up what he or she loves. Simply put a bunch of crying dad's afraid Jr can't compete with holdbacks.
Messages In This Thread
KHSAA Attempts To Clarify Middle School Rules - by cherokee - 04-30-2014, 09:00 AM