Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky gay marriage ban struck down
TheRealThing Wrote:And in turn, that's the thing I don't understand about you. I'm not at all saying that anybody reading my posts has to adopt my spiritual recommendations or observations. But despite all the hollow protestations you make about God's place in the world, truth is still truth whether you accept it or not.

You claim to be some sort of intellectual whose background is steeped in studies of the Scriptures at the college level. If that is so, it escapes me how you could come up with the notion that man has the right to in any way compartmentalize God's existence, much less His role in this world. He said He is Lord of all, the Alpha and Omega.

US law was based on man's moral interpretations of Scripture. In fact, it was the founding father's understanding of God's law that enabled them to understand how unjust the rule of men like Mad King George was in the first place. Thus to escape persecution and the arrogant Kingly rule of England, they fled to America. Unfortunately, it seems like the wheels are about to come off again though. Hence, the heaviness of Ben Franklin's heart seemingly shone through when he answered the lady who asked; “Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?” With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, “A republic, if you can keep it.

Scripture is that which gives us the moral authority to make any judgment about behavior whatever. Else who are we to judge anything folks might want to do? Do you deny that serial killers aren't happy with their evil deeds? They've got the right to pursue happiness, right? At that point, the right to pursue happiness could mean anything including marrying one's pet Airedale. You contend that gays should be allowed to marry legally. RUTG asked you why that would be any different than men marrying goats and you dodged the question. The truth IMO is that blurring the lines means chaos. There is no 'extended' safe zone. Beastiality will have to be sanctioned by courts because there is no way to draw the line, that is if the world stands that long. Since man has of late, been in the throes of divorcing himself of the 'God standard,' it has become ever harder to actually prosecute even those guilty of very serious crime. The average time a murderer has to stay in the slam is now less than 10 years. And that is the case all across the board, we live in the age of lawlessness and it will only get much worse.

Pointing out the truth is my right and my charge. God expects His people to warn men of their err. That's not judging them, as the nature of sin is clearly spelled out in the Bible. At any rate, they say the truth hurts and going by the frequency of your posts, your agitation level is high.

And FTR, I'm not telling a gay he can't get married. I'm saying God says that and I'm saying US law said that before Obama took office. If I didn't know better, I might think all this "change" happened a hundred years ago. But I will say this as well. I believe that the Church sat still with the spit dripping off their chins as all this went down and, are therefore as culpable as anyone. Further, if America has any chance whatever of pulling out of the nose dive, it is the Church that will have to respond, and it will have to be as follows;
2 Chronicles 7:14 (KJV)
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
My studies of christian religion brought me to where I am today.

What religion were the first settlers running from in England?

US law has never been based on the bible.
Messages In This Thread
Kentucky gay marriage ban struck down - by TheRealVille - 08-23-2014, 12:39 AM
Kentucky gay marriage ban struck down - by runbch - 09-11-2014, 02:32 AM