Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 players that would beat LeBron James 1-on-1
No way Iverson or Magic beats LeBron 1 on 1, and I cannot stand LeBron. Iverson is way too small and even though he is quick, LeBron doesn't have to worry about keeping up with him full court, just in a half court and that is not even to mention the GIGANTIC mismatch LeBron presents to Iverson when he is trying to defend LeBron. He gets swept, easy. Magic has the size but not the total of weapons needed on offense to beat James. He might win a single game but that is it. In his prime and healthy McGrady is a challenge. People forget what an incredible athlete he was and he could shoot the lights out from 25 feet out at times. I am not saying he would win 2 out of 3, but he wouldn't be swept either. Durant brings a huge challenge for James. He is actually taller, can shoot from pretty much anywhere and get his shot off even on LeBron and can finish around the rim if he needs to. Problem for him is the lack of strength he has, especially next to James. He would give him three good games, but James wins two out of three. I think the two that beats James in their healthy primes are Kobe and Michael, no doubt. Kobe has quickness, shooting ability and a variety of moves that would put so much pressure on James when on the defensive that he would have a tough time matching that when he had the ball. James would win a game and compete in the other two, but Kobe wins 2 out of 3. Jordan, well he is the G.O.A.T. and he would bring such focus and fire to this that he would have James beat before the first shot. During most of his career Jordan was not only the best offensive weapon in the NBA, but if not the defensive player of the year each season he was close to it, many times registering over 200 steals and 100 blocks in the same season. And as far as being an accurate shooter, he shot nearly 50% for his career and was over that mark before coming back for that terrible run in Washington. He beats James easily in the first game and coasts to the sweep in the second one. I could be wrong, but that is how I would see it breaking down.
Messages In This Thread
6 players that would beat LeBron James 1-on-1 - by UK Fan 1988 - 10-20-2014, 12:34 PM