Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iraq WMD's Were There After All
ronald reagan Wrote:-Iraq's noncompliance with the conditions of the 1991 ceasefire agreement, including interference with U.N. weapons inspectors.
-Iraq "continuing to possess and develop a significant chemical and biological weapons capability" and "actively seeking a nuclear weapons capability" posed a "threat to the national security of the United States and international peace and security in the Persian Gulf region."
-Iraq's "brutal repression of its civilian population."
-Iraq's "capability and willingness to use weapons of mass destruction against other nations and its own people".
-Iraq's hostility towards the United States as demonstrated by the 1993 assassination attempt on former President George H. W. Bush and firing on coalition aircraft enforcing the no-fly zones following the 1991 Gulf War.
-Members of al-Qaeda, an organization bearing responsibility for attacks on the United States, its citizens, and interests, including the attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, are known to be in Iraq.
-Iraq's "continu[ing] to aid and harbor other international terrorist organizations," including anti-United States terrorist organizations.
-Iraq paid bounty to families of suicide bombers.
-The efforts by the Congress and the President to fight terrorists, and those who aided or harbored them.
-The authorization by the Constitution and the Congress for the President to fight anti-United States terrorism.
-The governments in Turkey, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia feared Saddam and wanted him removed from power.
-Citing the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, the resolution reiterated that it should be the policy of the United States to remove the Saddam Hussein regime and promote a democratic replacement.

Lets be clear about the reason for the war in Iraq. I'm so tired of hearing it was 'only about WMD' that wasn't found. Its certainly not the truth. Read the resolution. It includes all the reasons above.

Iraq was in possession of tons of WMD. Some declared, some undeclared. Much of it was supposed to be destroyed after the 1991 UN Coalition war. I've seen WMD with my own eyes. Bunkers, completely full of it. The War resolution discusses this.

I wish that those who have not been there, or don't ever plan on protecting our nation themselves, would just hush about it.

It doesn't matter who gave them the weapons, or helped them develop them. Its much like if I had a gun, and let you borrow it... then you committed a mass murder, is it my fault?

"two bunkers with filled and unfilled chemical weapons munitions, some precursors, as well as five former chemical weapons production facilities". Thats what the Iraq government presently reports they have in their possession. Have they made these since the 2003 invasion? No. They included them in the 2009 report to the Chemical Weapons Convention, which they are members of today. We know weapons exist, existed, and will continue to exist.

Debate is over.

We ridded the world of Saddam, and gave them democracy. Obama gave us ISIS.

Great post. Liberal Democrats took the events and actions of that day, and of which to some appreciable extent you saw with your own eyes, and made anti-Republican political spin out it. This in direct contradiction to what many of us saw going down in real time or what is clearly a matter of public record.

I believe the lies and spin have done far more damage to this country than any war has ever come close to doing. Much of what Hitler, Mussolini, Hirohito et-al could not manage to do in the last great war, has been accomplished knowingly or unknowingly by short sighted mental midgets in the Congress. Many of America's greatest enemies are home grown products of the liberal classroom or otherwise deluded by the main stream media.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Iraq WMD's Were There After All - by TheRealThing - 10-15-2014, 03:45 PM
Iraq WMD's Were There After All - by Granny Bear - 10-15-2014, 03:57 PM
Iraq WMD's Were There After All - by TheRealVille - 10-16-2014, 02:08 AM
Iraq WMD's Were There After All - by TheRealVille - 10-16-2014, 02:13 AM
Iraq WMD's Were There After All - by nky - 10-16-2014, 03:46 AM
Iraq WMD's Were There After All - by TheRealVille - 10-16-2014, 10:12 AM
Iraq WMD's Were There After All - by Stardust - 10-16-2014, 07:29 PM
Iraq WMD's Were There After All - by TheRealVille - 10-16-2014, 10:05 PM
Iraq WMD's Were There After All - by TheRealVille - 10-17-2014, 12:36 AM
Iraq WMD's Were There After All - by TheRealVille - 10-17-2014, 01:29 AM