Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
18.92%
Belfry
81.08%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Belfry 11/28(State Semi-final)
I think this should be a GREAT game. Both teams are physical and well coached. That being said I think that if this was a best of 7 series Belfry would win for sure, but in a 1 game format anything can happen. Below I have listed what I think are Russell's Keys to Victory. On below is Belfry's. I wish both teams the best of luck and whoever wins I hope they win next week as well and represent the East well.

Russell Keys to Victory
1. Win the turnover battle: I don't think Russell can win unless Belfry helps them. Russell needs to find some help and TOs are the best help in a game like this.
2. Match Belfry's Physical Play: Belfry will be the most physical team Russell has played all year. Russell has to match the physical play and hold their own. The most important stat of this game will be 3rd and short (3yds or less) for Belfry. If Russell does not win half of those situation battles and get Belfry's O off the field I don't think they can win.
3. Take some shots: If Russell and Belfry both play well Russell loses. Plain and simple. Russell needs to take some calculated shots down field and make some plays. If they play to conservative Belfry's overall talent will win IMO.

Belfry's Keys to Victory
1. Be Belfry. You are the better team. Limit turnovers and penalties and you will play in Bowling Green.
2. Contain Conley. Bronson Korzep is a hard runner and tough kid, but Nick Conley is special. He turned in over 200 yds vs Ashland and made tacklers miss. Belfry can handle a down hill runner like Korzep, but they can't let Conley get in space and make plays. Russell's best chance against Belfry's defense is that they break some big plays and Conley is the best chance for that.
3. Don't get Caught Looking Ahead: Belfry should win this game but don't get caught up with the score from out West. Ask Pikeville what happens when you look ahead.
Messages In This Thread
Russell @ Belfry 11/28(State Semi-final) - by Mr. Friday Nights - 11-28-2014, 08:50 PM