Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs. Williamsburg Class 1A State Championsip
mysonis55 Wrote:ok, this game should finally make people on here understand just how the strength of schedule makes a difference. I have some stats for you so there cannot be any doubt after the game you can look back at what i've said all year.

I rate the schedules in many different ways. One of which is what i call a plus system. The more higher classification teams you play the higher your rating. It's simple math. If you are 1a and you play a 6a team that gives you a plus 5. If you are 1a and play a 2a its a plus 1. Using this method mayfield played a plus 20 and the burg a plus 13.

Next is teams you have played with a lit rating of 90 or better. Mayfield has played 7 teams with a 90 or better. They played one of those teams twice. Mayfield also played 4 teams with a rating of 100 or better. Williamsburg has played 1 team with a rating of 90 or better and none with a rating of 100.

Mayfield's combined opponents record is 85-73
williamsburg's combined opponents record is 69-90

during these schedules williamsburg has averaged a 6 point better scoring margin per game than mayfield. They also have 1 less loss than mayfield.

So, i would say mayfield's schedule has been light years ahead of the burg's. So, if the burg can win, they can say the strength of schedule is a myth. However if they lose again after the second year of playing a much weaker schedule and this time running the table, then you have to agree that i was correct.

keep putting up your stupid stats.....i have heard that strength of schedule crap from you all year long and how williamsburg couldnt make it because their schedule was so weak.....every time we get ready to play someone you run your mouth about strength of schedule. Heres a stat for you......we are in the finals and all the other teams in the east that you said had a better schedule isn't. We may not beat the mayfield in the finals but everything you say about your strength of schedule is completely invalid. Ask pikeville, hazard or any other team that had a better schedule than williamsburg where it got them....and we did it on the road too. Put that on your stat sheet.
Messages In This Thread
Mayfield vs. Williamsburg Class 1A State Championsip - by OLDBALLCOACH - 12-01-2014, 03:53 AM