Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court Justice Scalia dies during hunting trip in Marfa
TheRealThing Wrote:Yes you have that about right, you are gnat straining. You tried to use Rev 18 in a manner such that it's meaning, in some way places value on a human being, Which is incorrect. I allowed you room to crawfish but, as usual you missed the opportunity. And frankly, you and I both know that the analogy you just used to explain God's view of time is one of my all time favs. In plainer terms, you picked that up from me in times past.

But, I'll play along for a bit longer for old time's sake. Had the text said "In that hour" or "In the hour" the time frame would have been nonspecific and likely referencing a small amount of time. Which, if an hour is not a small amount of time I don't know what is. But when the Lord says "In one hour" He means in one hour, 60 seconds. And BTW, time does not exist outside the temporal sense. You have beings that exist in eternity, (timelessness) and you have beings who exist in time. Hence, time has meaning to that which is created only, not to the creator. In other words there is only one kind of time, and that is in the temporal sense. Thus your gnat straining seems to have rendered your analogy a bit redundant.

I would agree that time has meaning only to that which is subject to death. As to my knowing anything about you or your favorite analogy, that is incorrect.
Messages In This Thread
Supreme Court Justice Scalia dies during hunting trip in Marfa - by The Urban Sombrero - 02-15-2016, 10:44 PM