Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court Justice Scalia dies during hunting trip in Marfa
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Carlos DeLuna is an example of an innocent man executed, and Justice Scalia's concurrent opinion is one place I really think he erred out of petulence and aggravation.

Well, now, let's take a look at your example of "innocence", Carlos DeLuna. Twenty-nine years after his conviction he was declared "innocent" by the Columbia Human Rights Law Journal by an ultra-liberal, anti death penalty law professor named James Liebman. That highly biased opinion was trumpeted by the anti death penalty group, Death Penalty Information Center.

These opinions are about as believable as would be the Clinton family when they tell us that old Hillary is not an opportunist liar.

Your boy, DeLuna, according to the records, had a long criminal record covering everything from theft to rape. He was definitely a prime candidate to commit murder. And, indeed, he did so and was eventually punished for that crime. Of course, that was six years and ten plus months after he murdered the gas station attendant. That was a bit quicker than most sentences are carried out but I feel sure it wasn't nearly fast enough for the grieving family of the victim.

So, The Urban Sombrero, I reject your example as lacking any credibility whatsoever. As they often say, one must consider the source and your sources lack any degree of veracity. I repeat the fact that no innocent person has ever been executed in this country.
Messages In This Thread
Supreme Court Justice Scalia dies during hunting trip in Marfa - by Truth - 02-16-2016, 12:55 AM