Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court Justice Scalia dies during hunting trip in Marfa
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I was not aware that we had a constitution at the time of the Salem witch trials. Also, I'd be interested in some solid evidence that black churches were ever burned down "for the glory of God."

If the discussion needs to be about evil acts of deranged individuals acting in a perverted manner and claiming their acts were for the "glory of God", I suspect we can find a goodly number committed by people of all races, creeds, colors, and sexual "preferences". Such facts, I'm sure, were and are abhorrent to God and should be to all of us.

Nonetheless, there is a multitude of difference between these acts, all unlawful, and the "legal" premeditated murder of our babies and the destruction of the God ordained definition of the sacrament of marriage.

If one cannot admit such a great difference, then one is merely trying to be argumentative because such a person can't possibly be that ignorant of truth.

Yes. I fervently believe in interpreting the constitution as it was written and intended- original intent. I, like some other posters, feel that our country is well on the way to absolute moral destruction. Another Obama appointee or appointments by Clinton will merely speed up the process. In those cases, we're done. Don't doubt it.

Yet again, the "witch trials" was used to illustrate that "holy zeal" can lead to travesties done in the name of devotion to God. Your point about "all races, all creeds" doing dastardly deeds for "the glory of God" is a compelling reason why freedom of conscience is of such singular importance, and why reading "we" expansively is so important.
Messages In This Thread
Supreme Court Justice Scalia dies during hunting trip in Marfa - by The Urban Sombrero - 02-22-2016, 12:11 AM