Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court Justice Scalia dies during hunting trip in Marfa
TheRealThing Wrote:You're mixing things up again. In John 6:15 (KJV) There is an account of the Lord talking about men trying to forcibly make Him King:
15 When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force, to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself alone.

Sure did not see anything there about His not accepting it because He knew what was in man. It was not time for Him to be declared King, He still had the cross to bear and after all, that was why He came to earth.

Incredibly though, you shot your own errant assumption down yourself when you said, correctly I might add, that His Kingdom is not of this world. Therefore, men could not make Him King, as He was already The King of Creation.

John 18:35 &36 (KJV)
35 Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done?
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

I don't know where you're getting the 10 thousand angels from. I know what the Lord told Peter as He told him to sheath his sword in the Garden of Gethsemane;
Matthew 26:53 (KJV)
53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
Remember, that was when Peter, the brave one, drew his sword and cut off the ear of the Roman guard? Jesus admonished him, He didn't need defending because He had legions of angels at His command to call upon. BTW, 12 legions would have been 72 thousand.

Now, there was a mention of many tens of thousands of angels once that I recall in The Revelation 5:11 (KJV)
11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

But those angels are in the act of praising God at the end of man's road, The Great Tribulation.

Just one more Scripture to share;
Matthew 5:22 (KJV)
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

First, another poster said, "only a naïve fool" to which I said "thou knowest" (as anointing oneself the judge of fools), not, "You, sir, are a fool.". In John 2, Jesus will not entrust himself to the crowd, " he knew all men...knew what was in a man.". I would suggest this same distrust of the crowd, it's fickleness and tyranny, lived in the thinking of Roger Williams, a man of God, and Thomas Jefferson, a man of the Enlightenment. I would argue that as long as the United States pursues freedom of conscience and justice for all that God's true children will find freedom to pursue the narrow path unthreatened by civil government and that the blood of Christians will not be spilled by this civil government so regulated, and that God does regard that.
Messages In This Thread
Supreme Court Justice Scalia dies during hunting trip in Marfa - by The Urban Sombrero - 02-28-2016, 06:45 AM