Poll: State Semi-Finals - Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
66.67%
Corbin
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals**
Hound05 Wrote:I'm all for their enthusiasm.. But the funny thing is, Corbin has been a power house team way before belfry was and has hosted many BIG TIME games in the past, I'm sure they do travel well, so do we. BUT WE GOT THIS COVERED!!! haha. They better worry more about where they're gonna park before all this people in the stands talk.

I come with much respect. I think everyone has decided it's gonna be a packed house and parking will be a pain in the butt. For the sake of history, both schools have had great traditions. It took both schools a long time to win a state championship considering they both began playing football in the 20s. Most real HS football fans know of the Birds and Archie Powers and Cotton Adams. Growing up I always liked to hear how Corbin did and the first time I ever saw them play was, I believe, in the Rec Bowl in 1980. I think they played Mayfield in the opener and Belfry played Montgomery in the night cap. But Belfry has been a force for years too, not just in this century. They appeared in championships in every decade since the 70s, save for the 90s. So Belfry and their 12 all time appearances in the finals with 5 gold trophies stacks up pretty good with the Hounds 3 gold trophies and 7 appearances.
Messages In This Thread
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals** - by bucslover68 - 11-20-2016, 01:58 AM