Poll: State Semi-Finals - Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
66.67%
Corbin
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals**
Belfry vs. Corbin. #1 vs. #2. The game everyone has waited for. The game the Corbin coaching staff and players have circled on their calendars almost 365 days ago. It's almost here. The wait is just about over. It's just about time to put up or shut up for both programs. It's been a great season for both teams. But....it's gonna come to an end for one Friday night.

This is not David vs. Goliath. This is Goliath vs. Goliath. Two tradition rich programs with a lot of pride, enthusiasm and frenzied fan bases.

No doubt Corbin has improved. They've gotten stronger. Offensively, they're more balanced. But Belfry has improved as well. Belfry's stronger. Offensively, they're more balanced. Not balanced in terms of passing.....but balanced in terms of QB Noah Corbett's role in the overall offensive scheme that Belfry uses. Last year....Corbett was maybe the 3rd or even 4th option......not anymore.

Ultimately.....this game will come down to 4 or 5 areas:

1. What team can consistently stay in front of the chains?
2. Turnovers
3. Penalties
4. Special teams
5. Strength

I've said from Day 1 that Belfry and Central were on a collision course for another battle in Bowling Green. I've not seen anything from Corbin to change my mind. I see the game being relatively close for a half. But...IMO, Belfry's overall size, strength and IMO, better talent will completely take over.

However.....If Belfry finds themselves constantly behind the chains.....if they put the ball on the turf multiple times....then I can see Corbin staying in this thing. Being at home will help the Redhounds...especially if Belfry's offense begins to sputter.

I just don't expect that. These Belfry kids have been through the 'wars" so to speak. Three straight Championships.....game after game after game of always being the hunted. I actually look for Belfry to do some hunting Friday night.

Safe travels.
Messages In This Thread
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals** - by OutlawJoseyWales - 11-21-2016, 06:38 PM