Poll: State Semi-Finals - Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
66.67%
Corbin
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals**
Cat Daddy Wrote:Belfry is the team to beat in 3A this year and there is no arguing that, but if the "champs" are going to go down, I think the best chance of that happening could be Friday night. We all know Belfry is "dominant" up front, but if there is a weakness that sticks out to me, it's in the secondary. After watching the Johnson Central game, I thought to myself "Corbin can beat Belfry". Will this happen, I don't know, but I think the Redhounds have a shot. One of the things that stuck out to me, was the middle of the field being open "a lot" during this game. Johnson Central took advantage of this by hitting on a couple of long passes down the middle, but I think this was something they should have taken advantage of more often. Also, I thought Johnson Central should have thrown more to their running backs out of the backfield. This was open as well, and the two or three times they did throw to the backs, it hit for ten or more yards. I think Sizemore and the Redhounds can take advantage of this, but it all depends on how well they can run the ball against Belfry. I don't think Corbin's run game is as good as Johnson Central's, but they are good enough to keep the Belfry defense honest. With that being said, Corbin can't afford to turn the ball over in this game. If they turn the ball over, they have no chance of upsetting the Pirates. On the flip side, Belfry has turned the ball over in spurts, and if Corbin can create a couple of turnovers defensively, this will definitely help their cause. Corbin's defense has been very good this year, but they haven't seen an offensive line as good as Belfry's. If you are Greer, you stack the box and play man to man on the outside and hope for the best. Belfry will throw the ball a couple of times, but you have to trust your corners to stay disciplined. At the end of the day, it's going to be an uphill battle for Haddix and the Hounds, but if anyone can pull this off, it's Haddix. With that being said, my head says Belfry, but my heart says Corbin. I have always been told to follow your heart and I'm going with Corbin in the upset. Corbin wins 24-21!!!

Is this some type of sick joke? Belfry beats the best team in 4A and you somehow gather that Corbin is somehow good enough to beat Belfry? This means you think that Corbin could beat the best 3A team and the best 4A team in the state? Might as well add Bowling Green and Trinity in there as well, right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Messages In This Thread
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals** - by LeeCoUKFan - 11-21-2016, 07:19 PM