Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Tournament teams by Football Class
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:So, you think the population of the Louisville Metro area (600,000) does not give them any advantage over Louisa at 2,400? Do you think that smaller schools don't utilize summer ball, fall ball, offseason training, etc.? When your school is only 600 students, and 300 of those being male students, the numbers simply say that a school of 1,400 or higher will have over twice the advantage of having the "best" 25 kids to choose from. In your theory, the Spartan 300 soldiers stood the same chance of beating the Persians at the Battle of Thermopylae since they were better trained, etc. How'd that turn out, and why? Persians win, and oh, yeah, because of NUMBERS.

I think you are missing the point of the entire debate over classification.

No, I think you are missing my point. 25=25. Who cares where they are located? You are wanting smaller schools to start a dynasty with the same restrictions applied to large schools on the number of quality players they can keep in the scorebook. Smaller schools have their chance in May during the All "A". At the end of the year it's best on best. In Jefferson County enrollment is primarily based off zones. Is it fair that Doss, Fairdale, Eastern, Fern Creek, Iroquois, Male, Ballard or Seneca or anyone else may be at a disadvantage because one zone has more pitching and can hit a baseball better than the other?

For the Spartan example, is it fair to the Taliban that one American soldier with a drone can wipe out 100 Charlie while being miles away? It's not about quantity. It is about your mission, your plan and seeing it through to completion. If the Spartans thought 300 could beat thousands then that is their fault and they didn't have a good plan. If it would've been 300 on 300 then I'm sure their chances would've been better. Same as with this whole classification argument. You take your 25 and I'll take my 25, not you bring 25 and I'll have a 6 guys in the outfield and 5 in the infield. Each team plays 9 in the field and one guy is at the plate. How you manufacture runs or keep the other team's bats quiet is strategy all determined by how you make your post season roster.
Messages In This Thread
State Tournament teams by Football Class - by Peaches - 06-08-2017, 05:03 AM